can i deposit my husbands tax refund if he is over seas in the army and we weren

1. profile image47
    alissasmith84posted 7 years ago

can i deposit my husbands tax refund if he is over seas in the army and we werent married last year?

2. Bible Studies profile image68
    Bible Studiesposted 7 years ago

The best that could happen in this situation is if you filed electronically such as turbo tax or e-file or with a tax help agency where you could have requested a direct deposit into a joint account.

Not sure if you get a check. You will not be able to cash it. If you are expecting or have a check that is in your husband's name and have a joint account, call the your bank and ask. You could walk in and ask to talk with the branch manager. The teller may be able to tell you, but it will be the branch manager that will give you the final decision. The worst they can say is no. You might be able to squeek by if you write for deposit only to account #xxxxxx if you husband's name is on that account.

The only other thing I can think of is that your husband may be able to try to call the bank and talk to a manager about letting you deposit the check. The manager may be able to if he/she has your husbands verbal permission.

3. profile image0
    jratliffposted 7 years ago

If his name is on the checking account, then yes you can deposit the check without an issue. A deposit does not need to be endorsed if it is made out to the same person listed as on the checking account. Just write "Deposit Only" on the back of the check and deposit it.

working