jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe that the Social Security takes up almost all of the national budg

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Do you believe that the Social Security takes up almost all of the national budget?

Or do you believe that it's all budget baloney: Social Security isn't to blame for deficit - the  decade old double wars are.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4661269_f260.jpg

2. Alternative Prime profile image76
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

SS is only a small portion of the overall budget, but even if it did take up a substantially larger pie chart slice it's money well spent.

I can't think of a better way to pay back all the hard workers who made this country what it is today than to ensure financial security during their golden years. The American worker made this country and I think deserve a well earned retirement dividend.

Another way to look at it is the following. All workers have the appropriate monetary deduction from each paycheck, so in essence, when they retire their just getting back what they already paid into the system in previous years.

3. BrightMeadow profile image80
    BrightMeadowposted 7 years ago

It was my understanding that social security is in danger because the government keeps borrowing from social security to pay other debts.  Check out the movie or the book both entitled: Maxed Out.

4. dpsimswm profile image60
    dpsimswmposted 6 years ago

Guns or butter, which should the government support?

The USA spends almost 50% of all money devoted to "defense" spending every year.  What do we need all that weaponry for?

working