jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you a freelance writer? If yes then how much money do you charge?

1. shussain86 profile image59
    shussain86posted 7 years ago

Are you a freelance writer? If yes then how much money do you charge?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Make me an offer.  I've looked into about.com, which pays nicely, but I like the idea of owning my content, and I like the idea that my hubs might still be earning me money five years or more from now.

3. lee custodio profile image85
    lee custodioposted 7 years ago

that depends as to what type of article you are writing. If you want to be a research writer, that would pay more--way more than writing SEO articles. However, the downside is that you can't claim ownership to your work.

Wesman Todd Shaw is right, you might want to rethink about choosing to write for someone or claim ownership to your articles that could earn you money in the long run.

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Yes, though there is no set-in-stone charge for any and all writing. My rates depend very much on what kind of writing needs done, how much needs done, how much I like the subject, how much other work I have going at the time, what turnaround time the potential client wants for their work, etc. That said, to get your foot in the door, be prepared to do a few underpaid jobs just to build a little bit of a portfolio before going after enough to make a living within a reasonable number of working hours.

working