jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

If you found a wallet with $100 cash and credit cards in it, would you return it

1. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

If you found a wallet with $100 cash and credit cards in it, would you return it as you found it?

2. Lady MJ profile image77
    Lady MJposted 6 years ago

I would look for some identification to try and contact the owner and let them know I found it. The gratification from doing something right and knowing their appreciation for it succeeds anything you can buy for $100 or risk being put in jail.

3. tritrain profile image85
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

Absolutely, I would notify the owner and return it.

What comes around, goes around.

4. freecampingaussie profile image65
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

I have found 2 wallets, searched thru them 4 ID, got hold of the owners ph number & arranged to meet up and handed over the wallets with everything I found in them or nearby .
    With mobile phones I found I rang a nuber on the phone to let them know I had it and again met up to hand them over.

Its not like finding a $100 bill on the ground alone as you have a name etc & it as far as I am concerned the only thing to do
    and hopefully people will do the same for me.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would check to see if the owner's name was in it, if not I would take it to the police station and turn it in.  Stealing is stealing and I just could not take something that isn't mine.

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

absolutely. and i'd hope that someone would do the same for me.

7. profile image48
    drsyedposted 6 years ago

definitely i will
    becouse i hope from almighty this will be if happened with me what I will expecting?

8. jck.hopper profile image50
    jck.hopperposted 6 years ago

Well at first place i will think weather to find the owner or keep the wallet ..... & at last i will decide to find the owner of that wallet.. big_smile

9. webguyonline profile image54
    webguyonlineposted 6 years ago

definitely I'll return it, each one of us makes it hard to make money.

10. theseus profile image81
    theseusposted 6 years ago

Definitely, YES. God is watching.
    Besides, it's not mine. I have been taught since childhood not to keep things that does not rightfully belongs to me. I wouldn't want to add anguish to the person who lost it by keeping it. My conscience would not let me rest.

11. ave212 profile image59
    ave212posted 6 years ago

Yes I would and I would hope if I lost mine that someone would do the same. Though I have doubts if everyone would be so honest!

12. Niki Hampton profile image60
    Niki Hamptonposted 6 years ago

Definitely! I believe Karma will take care of you- good or bad. Besides, $100 would be a huge deal to me. It may be absolutely vital for them.

13. clydeskid profile image60
    clydeskidposted 6 years ago

Of course!  You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror every day and like who you see!

14. revybaby profile image60
    revybabyposted 6 years ago

This is why being honest makes life so easy.  There is  no question here.  But, as I say that I am assuming my life circumstances.  Do I have a child who hasn't eaten?  Then it might make it a bit harder.

15. profile image48
    jacwongposted 6 years ago

Ofcourse i will return it. Nowadays, police can trace people who's using other's credit card. Who knows, if you use them unintentionally, the police might trace you and may lead you jail.

16. zhacky11 profile image57
    zhacky11posted 6 years ago

Of course, you should return it.  Be a good example for other people or else your place will become void of good people and you might be the next victim.

17. beautybrand profile image50
    beautybrandposted 6 years ago

I will help the loser take the wallet to the police, or have a walk to see whether it has person to find somethings or not. I think the loser will be worried and sad. Of course, I want someone can do the same things for me. Just believe - One good turn deserves another.

18. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

I would check for an address and if local would take it to them personally, If not hand it in to security then hopefully they would come and claim it.