jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you return a wallet if you found it on the floor?

1. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Would you return a wallet if you found it on the floor?

So lets say you are walking through a shopping centre and you see a wallet on the floor, what would you do? Return it your self? Hand it in to security? take it? take the money inside then hand the wallet to security?

2. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

I have found purses and have turned them into security intact.

3. minso profile image76
    minsoposted 6 years ago

I would return it to the right owner if I find address in the wallet. If there is no possibility to get the address, I will give to shop keeper/security/police. If this is also not possible (or if they are not helpful), I will give the contents to charity on behalf of the unknown owner. All the three situations happened to me.

4. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

If there was an address inside I'd send it to the owner, or deliver it to them personally if they lived locally. If it didn't, I'd hand it to security and that way hopefully they'd be able to recaim it if they realise that's where they lost it.

5. sam-eg profile image76
    sam-egposted 6 years ago

Depend on the amount of money in that wallet lol
    no just kiddin sure I'll return it back

6. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

Probably give it to security, but I would ask people close by if it was there.  Maybe look at the picture and look for the person. I wouldn't take the money.  I have had my wallet stolen and it sucks.