jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'm an aspiring finance major, how should I introduce myself to the field before

1. ballfan92 profile image62
    ballfan92posted 7 years ago

I'm an aspiring finance major, how should I introduce myself to the field before classes next year?

I'm an aspiring finance major in Penn State right now and I'm wondering if anyone has feedback on how to get introduced to finance and the stock market?

2. KristaMcDonald profile image53
    KristaMcDonaldposted 7 years ago

A great way might be to see if any finance companies might be looking for interns this summer.

3. mcimicata profile image61
    mcimicataposted 7 years ago

Find out some of the books that your first year's courses will use, and read through them. I am sure that even doing something as simple reading through the tables of content will give you a better overview off the field!

4. LittlePayday profile image58
    LittlePaydayposted 6 years ago

The best thing you can do is get an internship. You get first hand experience and you will learn a lot.

Look for companies with a good finance department and write them an email explaining what you are looking for - even if they aren't actively looking for an intern they may be open to the extra help (since you will be volunteering your time a lot of companies would appreciate the extra [unpaid] help)

Plus a lot of times companies will hire interns after the internship is over/after you finish school. Even if they don't hire you after the internship you can get a great letter of recommendation.

working