jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What would you pay someone else to do for you that you should be able to do for

1. profile image0
    somelikeitscottposted 6 years ago

What would you pay someone else to do for you that you should be able to do for yourself?

I'd pay someone $5 to make my tire pressure correct cause I obviously don't get how to do it - sorry Dad!

2. Lady In NC profile image38
    Lady In NCposted 6 years ago

Interesting question , kinda fun too lol .. Myself ,If it is something I need or should do for myself but really haven't gotten the hang of yet ,I'll learn it ,however there is one thing I don't really like doing .. Mowing the yard !! lol I'd pay $ 50 bucks ,Yet I can do it myself and keep my the $ 50 bucks ,,HaHa

3. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

I used to be able to change my car's oil, but new vehicles are so complicated that I just take it somewhere now. I think even if my dad were still alive he would do the same, even though he loved doing those things himself. It's just not as easy as it used to be - especially since you can't just throw oil away, you have to "dispose of it properly" and all. What a pain!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Housework or even just cooking. I can and do take care of these things myself but if I could afford it, I would love to hire it done.

5. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

fun question, I agree!  If your are in my city, I have my own tire pressure gauge and a gas station for free air, might take you up on that wink But, truthfully I rarely pay someone else to do what I can do myself.  However, you have to consider that time is money, if you have nothing better to do, then do it yourself.  If you make great money working and your time is worth more, then you might be better off hiring someone.  But, I hate laundry....I would pay some one $25 bucks a weeks to just come get it, wash it and dry it without me having to do it!!

6. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Cook and clean....I would love to not have to do those task anymore.  I've had years of practice so I know I can do it. LOL

7. Treasuresofheaven profile image71
    Treasuresofheavenposted 6 years ago

I'd pay someone to get rid of my junk mail.  It is a never ending thing - paper and ads I never read come in the mail practically every day and pile up quickly.