What can I use?

1. crackers10 profile image60
    crackers10posted 6 years ago

What can I use?

My boyfriend and I are going to be moving into our own place soon.We can't really afford new furniture so we are going to be thrift store surfing. I want to make the furniture more personal and I got this idea the other night for a book shelf. I was thinking of buying some extra books and basically gluing them all over the book shelf. Now I don't want to use actual glue because it's too heavy and will mess up the print. My question is,is there anything else I can use without messing up the pages?

2. crackers10 profile image60
    crackers10posted 6 years ago

Sorry, I meant *gluing the pages* all over the shelf.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

One thing that's not very clear here -- are you gluing entire books, or individual pages? For individual pages, look into a good decoupage medium at your local craft store. Most of these can be finished with a varnish if you want a more polished look.

Edited -- okay, pages, I see now big_smile. Yes, definitely decoupage, it's designed to even coat over tissue paper and such without messing it up, and shouldn't smear the text. If it does start smearing the text, either dab on with a sponge or coat it with a thin layer of hair spray before using the page on the bookshelf.

working