jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone have any tips for starting a blog?

1. Sarah Masson profile image69
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for starting a blog?

2. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Hello, I would say choose a specific subject which you can write about for a long time. Don't make the blog too general, if you have multiple ideas, write multiple blogs but bear in mind they will take time to maintain.

Blogging is hard work, be prepared for a long period of little recognition, they can take a year or two to grow to high traffic levels, but if they don't be prepared to cut your losses and start again.

A good way to promote your blog is to  register with Technorati.com. They will add the blog to their catalog and it can boost your traffic quite easily.

Also promote your blog with an RSS feed to your hubs and promote your hubs with links from your blogs.

Despite all this. Have fun. That way you'll be able to build a successful blog.

All the best.

3. kschang profile image88
    kschangposted 6 years ago

Pick a subject that you are passionate about, but not so esoteric that there isn't much to write about.

Something that matches the hubs you have would be a good start. By your hubs' topics, you seem to be interested in

Romantic Comedies
    Movie Actors/Actresses
    Music / Movie Soundtracks

and so on.

Seem they are mostly about movies... So... Masson on Movies?

4. mechanicaldesign profile image60
    mechanicaldesignposted 6 years ago

Try below link for that will give an idea how to start blog? how to protomote? hot to get traffic?

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2009 … -bloggers/

5. webscripts profile image61
    webscriptsposted 6 years ago

You will have to decide between a free blogging service and hosting a blog on your own hosting account.  If you are just starting out I would suggest either using a free blogging service such as Blogger or using Wordpress on your own hosting account and domain.

6. registerdomains profile image65
    registerdomainsposted 6 years ago

If you are serious, I suggest you to use your own domain name and use wordpress as blog engine. Switching from free blogs later will be a mess.

7. supplies expert profile image61
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

If you're trying to make money off the blog, be prepared to do a lot of work, you first need to make sure your blogs are on something that would be interesting, not only to you but to common readers. 

Then I would suggest hosting your blog on your own domain using wordpress, godaddy.com or hostgator are both good sites to use to host a domain.

Then just start writing away, but always make sure to keep your blog posts pretty concise and to the point, but at the same time interesting and very useful.  This writing is really tough and trying to write something unique is even tougher.  Don't forget to partake in SEO and make sure that your blog is Google friendly in the fact that Google can and will crawl your site to rank it in search engine results.

working