Why would an employer need your credit report if you are not applying for a bank

1. uknow profile image59
    uknowposted 6 years ago

Why would an employer need your credit report if you are not applying for a bank job?

In the disclaimer when you complete an application online they call it a consumer report. But consumer reports are handled by the same credit reporting agencies that have our credit information. So when they request a consumer report, what information are they getting? The stuff about your character, reputation, personal characteristics, because I have yet to see any of this information on my report when I request my free one. Or are they getting the other information as well?

2. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

Employers pull your credit report because it gives them another consideration to help weed out candidates. They see it as a way to tell how ethical you are, as if having bad credit were an indicator of an untrustworthy person.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

They are looking for a pattern of good credit because it speaks to your integrity.  When one takes out a loan or has a credit card account, it is your promise that you will pay it back.  When those debts are not taken care of, it looks like the person is irresponsible.  Although there maybe extenuation circumstances, it does effect what the employer thinks about an applicant.

working