jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I sell food from home?

1. georgetyler profile image60
    georgetylerposted 6 years ago

How do I sell food from home?

how do I sell from home because I want to start selling baking produce from home but I dont know how to start?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure you need a licence and your area must allow home businesses. Best to check with a lawyer or your local government office.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Not only will you need a business license but with food-based businesses, there are a lot of regulations regarding cleanliness, health inspections, ingredients and suppliers and how the food is made and stored. 

The best way to start is to find someplace that teaches how to do this and get training.

4. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

You need a licence to make food from home as well as a business licence. Relache is correct is saying that the legislation concerning food preparation for sale to the public is very strict. I would check out local colleges etc as I know in the UK you also need to hold a Food Hygiene Certificate. If I were you I would do some research on the internet and get in touch with catering colleges. Good luck and I hope you find the answers that you are looking for.