jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should you give money to beggars on the streets of first world countries?

1. jackavc profile image74
    jackavcposted 6 years ago

Should you give money to beggars on the streets of first world countries?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

There are homeless people in many countries - you should always be mindful and helpful to those less fortunate.  I have given food and water to the homeless and occasionally money - although many times money simply allows them to feed a habit like drinking/drugs which may have helped contribute to their situation. 

I do believe in helping others regardless of where they are from - it's called being a good human being.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think we should because it is hard to know if you are aiding someone's addiction or breaking the law.  The best is to give your charitable contributions to ministerial associations or homeless shelters so they can continue to operate and help the needy.

4. Justjed profile image61
    Justjedposted 6 years ago

In the first countries or not, i feel that one should give alms to beggars but I am careful not to give to any body because some of them do pretend.I will rather give to someone that I know is genuinely begging or in need.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Not often, but on occasion I have. Or sometimes if they say they need food I will give them food.

6. muekshrajkumar profile image56
    muekshrajkumarposted 6 years ago

yes i give them whenever they meet me...bocz they need our help and i think we should keep help them .....