jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What to do of a friend who is running from credit card companies?

1. soni2006 profile image79
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

What to do of a friend who is running from credit card companies?

He is changing numbers but is available at facebOok

2. sgbrown profile image96
    sgbrownposted 6 years ago

In the recent past I have actually been a certified debt arbitrator.  We actually have a close friend that is "running" from his credit card companies. He asked for my help a while back. 

The first thing this person should do is talk to the creditors and tell them what his situation is. Many of the understand that with the way the economy is and has been for some time, many people have lost their jobs, as he had, and are not capable of making high payments. Many creditors will lower the payments drastically, just to keep him making some kind of payment.

They may not be willing do this right away, however, he made need to miss some payments first. I don't recommend not making payments, unless you really can't make them and pay your other bills also.  All of his credit card companies but one agreed to lower his payments drastically and he was able to pay some of them off.

For some people, my friend in this case, went without any income for several months and used all of his savings. His income now is only minimum wage and it is all he can do to keep up with is rent, car payment and buy food. My friend is actually going to have to file a bankruptcy, which I regret for him, but he has no choice at this point.

As far as him being on FaceBook, I really don't know what that would have to do with his creditors. If they try to contact him by FaceBook, he can block them.  I hope I have answered your question.  smile

3. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

what is your role in this? why do you want his number? unless you work for the credit card company LOL

4. okaygrace profile image59
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

Whatever you do, don't give him a loan! lol