jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible to feed 2 adults and a toddler on $50.00-$70.00 a week?

1. Crochetliens profile image73
    Crochetliensposted 6 years ago

Is it possible to feed 2 adults and a toddler on $50.00-$70.00 a week?

I am trying to cut back on our food shopping cost.

2. kal30314 profile image61
    kal30314posted 6 years ago

yes but you have to do your homework. first subscribe with your local stores to keep tab on all sales, then match sales with coupons.  you will be surprise how much money you will save.
    try joining a few freebie groups, just google or yahoo, and a list will come up.
    try growing your own food.
    well hope this help a little, keep me posted

3. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Yes!  When I was little, my mom and I budgeted and went on a monthly grocery shopping trip and survived on $200 each month.  My family was made up of me, my dad, mom and sister (who was a toddler).  As kal suggested, coupons are a great way to save and knowing where and when sales are going on helps too.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

4. Moms-Secret profile image83
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

Yes it is!  I used coupons, stockpiling, and saving strategies to get to $50 a week without sacrificing brands and foods we loved.  My family was just like yours.  Now, it is me my daughter and we are at about $20 - $30 a week.  I did try a lot of other brands along the way which was nice.  Now-a-days there are so many saving support blogs and free training classes that make learning how to save money on groceries and more a breeze.  If you were from central florida, I would help you pair up with some classes and resources.  You can try searching free coupon classes in your area and coupon bloggers from your area on the web.  Also, type coupon into the search of your face book and you will see many pages pop up...

Good luck
    Happy Savings!