jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does personal consumerism effect your own economic situation? Do you save? C

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

How does personal consumerism effect your own economic situation? Do you save? Can you save?

It can be argued that each individual creates their own economy in the sense that there is a relationship between our well being/happiness and what we earn and spend... How does personal consumerism effect YOUR own economic situation? Do you save money, Can you save money? Do you plan on going to school (invest), Will you buy a house? What are your financial goals?

2. Loanbyjon profile image59
    Loanbyjonposted 6 years ago

Great questions, and yes we do create our own economy in a sense. However having a plan and budget in place can prevent financially stressful situations from taking place. We need to be smart about our money. We all enjoy to splurge from time to time, but spending the bill money on a toy is never smart. Check out www.eloantalk.com of lending news

3. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

Previously i had a well paid job and had the possibility to save up quite nicely. Now that i'm focused on making my freelance career work, the saving has declined because of the unstable source of income. However, i think its very worth it to not work for a "boss" anymore even if it means lesser income for a certain period of time.

4. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

its all in the mind dude! if you set yourself a target and work towards it it is possible to save.

5. Hayley Richardson profile image82
    Hayley Richardsonposted 6 years ago

My husband and I save between a quarter and a third of our income every month.  We have no debts and our outgoings are low.  We rarely drink, never smoke and don't shop for consumer goods very often.  We don't deprive ourselves, we're just focused on our goal of owning our own home.

6. Tricia Ward profile image81
    Tricia Wardposted 6 years ago

Having money does not necessarily make you happy. It is more about your attitude to money and how you view it. You can live contently without have a huge pay packet. It is about budgeting and planning. I help folks to devise budgets and most people I see can save something. Even £10 a month is £120 a year. That may not sound much but everyone can save. It may be just a matter of switching your utility bills or shopping around for a better bank.....or taking lunches to work rather than buying from a cafe.
    In that sense my savvy consumerism does affect my economic situation as I because I monitor changes I save money, rather than blindly sticking to what I know and find that I am paying £100s more than I have to.

I have a couple of Hubs that touch on budgeting.