jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to earn money as a teenager?

1. chrae profile image70
    chraeposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to earn money as a teenager?

What is the most effective way to earn money as a teenager when you don't have a large amount of spare time in your week but you still need some spending money?

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image83
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Something with flexible hours that doesn't interfere with school or sports / music.  Some boys I knew worked for a caterer, setting up his truck in the early morning hours - it worked out well for them.  There are also moonlighting types of jobs, like washing cars, windows or walking dogs, depending on the community you live in.  Fast food jobs are demanding and not well paid, but also an option.  Babysitting can be well paid and even enjoyable if the kids are not too unruly.  Tutoring younger children in math or science (any subject really) can be a good choice if parents are too busy to spend the time with their struggling youngsters.  Get creative and go for it!  Advertise on public boards in your area; spread the word and keep telling people you are available to do odd jobs - you might be surprised at what comes up.  Let your parents know where you will be working and let them know about your new job - make sure it's in a safe environment.  Parents have eyes in the back of their heads smile

3. darrensurrey profile image73
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

A teenager could offer to do chores for their parents eg washing the car, cleaning the bathroom/kitchen, mowing the lawn. Probably get more money per hour than doing other people's homes. wink

4. Naima Bilal profile image59
    Naima Bilalposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6317598_f260.jpg

I have used all these methods way before I was a teen myself. Infact my first earning was of Rrpees 27 that I earned from selling badges when I was in grade 7 and of 12 years old.
    Teen age is smart and eager. The following might help them:
    1. Earn through your hobby.... Extend your hobby to earn. If you are good at a sport, offer couching the basics.
    2. Offer baby sitting
    3. Have a garage sale of the toys you are not using now.
    4. Make your parents help you sort out the things un used for a longer time period and sale them out.
    5. Use sites like  www.olx.com of www. flickr.com to sell your products.
    6. Make a recycle project out of house hold junk and sale it.

working