Has the price of gas affected your family's budget and your plans for the summer

1. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Has the price of gas affected your family's budget and your plans for the summer?

With the price of gas almost to $4/gallon and in some places over, has the price affected your family budget?  Will you change you plans for summer vacation?

2. pipmistress profile image60
    pipmistressposted 5 years ago

i am living in qatar and the price of gas here is cheaper than water, approximately, the price of gas here is $1/gallon. What affecting my budget is the non stop price hike of imported goods, like pediasure and baby wipes which have increase almost 20%.

3. Outbound Dan profile image98
    Outbound Danposted 5 years ago

Aye, the price of gas has already affected my travel plans.  I live six hours from where I hike in the Adirondacks, so my trips have been sadly infrequent.  I find myself planning fewer but longer or more involved trips for the upcoming seasons.  Though I've been one for solo adventures, I plan on piggybacking with other people so we can save money on fuel.
    On the plus side, I've started riding my bike more for errands around town and plan on bike touring the Erie Canal this Spring.   
    Of course, as a conservation-minded person, I should always strive to save our planet by being fuel-conscious and not just when gas jumps over $4 per gallon.  Though my wallet hates to say it, $4 per gallon gas may be the best thing for the environment and a good kick to inspire alternate fuel sources.