jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What groceries would you buy with $10?

1. AnnaCia profile image84
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

What groceries would you buy with $10?

You have ONLY $10 to buy groceries just (for you) to last for a week (7 days).

2. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

It's not reasonable in the U.S. to feed oneself on only $10 per week unless you are growing your own food. The best way to spend it would be a bag of dried beans,2 cans of chicken broth, and fresh veggies and fruit. If you were growing your own veggies,  substitute the veggies with a box of rolled oats.

3. AnnaCia profile image84
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

I know $10 is not reasonable, but if that's what I have I would buy: bread, ramen noodles and jelly.

4. womenintouch profile image61
    womenintouchposted 5 years ago

I would buy a bag of rice, beans, pasta shells ( three kinds) and one chicken.
    The cost of the rice , beans, and pasta shells would come to about $5.00 and one chicken will be about $5.00
    You can eat on this for a while, you do not need to cook the whole bag of beans or rice, you can make at least 4 meals each from them as well as the pasta. With the chicken i would cut it up and place in freezer bags. You can have  a hearty meal with beans and chicken, or beans alone, ( seasoned well) rice and chicken
    As you can see  you can eat for close to a month on this meal plan.
    I do not eat a lot of meats when my children come over they always say mom you have no food, if a crisis was to come and we had to eat what was in our homes i could go a year on what i have they would starve or come over my house . ( lol)

working