Have you ever started a home business, and how long did it last?

1. Ann810 profile image81
    Ann810posted 5 years ago

Have you ever started a home business, and how long did it last?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

I have started several. I have been self employed starting with a cleaning business. I made really good money with that, but had to stop because of my back. Since then, I have started Cloverleaf Farm, an online herbal body care line of products--all made here at the farm. My husband and I have also started an event planning company, and he owns his own web marketing and design company. All of those are still active. We also own a couple other businesses on the side.

3. nkrohini profile image81
    nkrohiniposted 5 years ago

Hi Ann810, I started a home business (handmade chocolates) 5 years back, at a very miniscule way. When I started it, I was not sure if it would last or become profitable or even accepted. Second year, I almost decided to wound it up. But my mind told me to stick on for another year and I listened to it. Third year, people started knowing about my company and media attention was also received and today, me and my company have gained enough attention and popularity, people from neighbouring districts come for buying my chocolates. Even today, it is not run in a big way. I do it at home. But I am happy and contented that it is running profitable and people around know me because of this work.

I would strongly suggest everyone venturing into home business to stick on to it for the first three years irrespective of whether it is profitable or not. Also my advice is not to invest too much into it that you risk your life for it. Just believe in yourself and you can do it!

working