jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

will the economic crisis cause more people to start a home business?

1. Research Analyst profile image83
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

will the economic crisis cause more people to start a home business?

2. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Probably, the answer is "Yes".  While some start one because of being laid off, others may think it is an opportunity to do so, but I think one has to be careful before starting a home business, as there may be shortfalls and certain expectations may not be met in the short term.

3. darrylcrawford profile image68
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

I believe so. Home based businesses are here to stay and they will help others reach their independent dreams. However the reality is that most people trust working for a well established concrete company and they are not cut out for the home based business market. However the few that do start one will get further ahead. In life there are leaders and follows and there are much more follows than leaders. Never give up on your dreams.

Please check out my hub on the matter.

4. profile image53
    Lisafrequencyposted 7 years ago

I think licensure fees and regulatory taxes may discourage small business ventures.

Individuals cannot afford the high price and they do not get the same kinds of breaks that big business gets.

Self employment tax is higher than it is if you work for a major company that gets the breaks.

Our economic system steps on the little guys and gives welfare to big corporations.

5. FGual profile image61
    FGualposted 7 years ago

That is already happening because people have no other choice. Self employment is self empowering and has the potential for unlimited income.