jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you play the lottery? If so, can you say why?

1. buckleupdorothy profile image82
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

Do you play the lottery? If so, can you say why?

2. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

Lottery is a game in which if a person wins he gets the money without making much effort . I have tried to play lottery on few occations but every time I was the looser and never got the chance to win. People know that playing lottery is not a sure stage to make away with money but the greed of winning pulls them towards playing the lottery till they loose the last penny.

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I play now and then, literally once every few weeks or months and I don't spend a lot of money doing so. I may spend $5 or $10 at most and that's it for several weeks or months. The very first time I played I won a weird amount, $488, but hey, I only paid $1 to play smile. I play with the hope of winning something with little effort just like Padmendra said but I am realistic and know that there are much better chances of losing than winning. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't, but when I do lose it's no big deal because it's discretionary money, not necessity money. The people that spend money they don't have are the ones that lose their last pennies and it would appear they've also lost their marbles smile

4. wetnosedogs profile image58
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

Alabama doesn't have the lottery. But when the winning is big and maybe not, people can cross over to Georgia and play the lottery. Once or twice when someone went to Georgia, I will give a buck or two for it. Never do win.

5. profile image51
    finewordsposted 5 years ago

no, i don't play the lottery. Because the lottery luck is a gambler's fallacy. And i don't believe in that.

6. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

not really but i am sure it is pretty addictive

7. geen1234 profile image60
    geen1234posted 5 years ago

i am playing lottery 1 or 2 a months, wishing that i could win the jackpot prizes and could change my life. it is in my mind that, lucky if i win, if not, its ok because i just donated it for charity.

working