jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What online trader site do you use?

1. CJ Andrews profile image90
    CJ Andrewsposted 5 years ago

What online trader site do you use?

I will be starting a portfolio for my daughter soon and I am looking into online trading sites.  I have used etrader before but was not overly impressed with them.  I have heard good things about fidelity but I am looking for opinions while I am looking into this matter.

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It's been a while but I used Share Builder which was good for me since I am a novice.

3. Sullen91 profile image79
    Sullen91posted 5 years ago

It really makes little difference unless you're going to be doing a lot of trading; buying and selling frequently. In that case your commissions will be a bit higher. Not sure if it matters though because you might have staggering losses anyway. Individual investors who trade actively are chum to institutional investors (sharks).

4. MakinBacon profile image83
    MakinBaconposted 5 years ago

I use options house. It's the least expensive and has great tools.

5. CJ Andrews profile image90
    CJ Andrewsposted 5 years ago

I use to use etrader, but I am changing pretty much everything over.  My track record is better than my broker's currently.  And a trade through him cost me a min. of 42.50 where most of the online sites are as low as 4-5 dollars.

I did not like that etrade charged me commission and then a yearly as well.  So atm I am looking at Zecco.  I will be checking out the ones that everyone mentioned as well. 

Thanks to those who contributed

Chris

working