jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you able to recommend an online brokerage company?

1. profile image45
    famdwposted 7 years ago

Are you able to recommend an online brokerage company?

2. Tammy L profile image79
    Tammy Lposted 7 years ago

I don't know who is the best and who is the worst.  Every online brokerage company tells consumers they are the best at what they do.  I can tell you who I personally use and you can check out their website and decide if you too want to do business with them.  I use Fidelity Investments.

3. lualice profile image57
    lualiceposted 7 years ago

If you are an "active" trader, trading everyday or several times on one day you need to find an online firm that is catering to that philosophy.  If you are a long term invester, buy and hold you can use someone like "Sharebuilder" who is associated with ING Direct.  They have low commisions and are geared to long term investing.  Zecco is a newer company which deals with more active traders.  I haven't used them myself, but I know many of the personel and feel they are a good firm. 

Scottrade, Ameritrade and ETrade are all large firms able to standard service with many products.

It just depends on your trading style and what you need.  I hope this helps you.

4. fxdaddy profile image59
    fxdaddyposted 7 years ago

What are you trading?  Stocks, futures, options, forex?  I use and recommend Oanda if you are going to trade forex.