What is the best place to retire?

1. Nomascus concolor profile image61
    Nomascus concolorposted 5 years ago

What is the best place to retire?

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 5 years ago

Where your heart is!  I don't think there is any one spot that is any more desireable than any other.  Obviously, things like cost of living; accessibility to services you require; community services available; and, many other things must be taken into consideration; but, I think the most important factor is "how happy are you there".  If you have a solid network of friends and/or family, ties to the community etc., the best place to retire might be where you are right now.  Follow your heart in this one.

3. coffeegginmyrice profile image82
    coffeegginmyriceposted 5 years ago

What do we want to see, do and hope when we retire? Where would we want to be? Do we know what we truly want? Are we ready to let go of any bit of luxury and extravagance? The best place to retire does not necessarily have to be luxurious. It is mainly being specific or perhaps being flexible where we could really be in our highest point of reaching happiness and relaxation...the ultimate goal of retirement.

Many would probably say, "Home Sweet Home". And there is no denying to this original feeling of longing for the home sweeter than where we are right now especially for those who have wandered far from their homelands (just like me), we long for "home"- our parents' old home, or our parents' parents beautiful hometown or where we enjoyed and cherished most of our memorable times growing up.

"Happiness" is the keyword. Economically “live cheaply”, ambience and being close to nature and natural resources are not just choices. These are considerable factors to finding the best place to retire. smile

working