jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What should you do if you won a lottery?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

What should you do if you won a lottery?

2. DowntroddenInDC profile image83
    DowntroddenInDCposted 5 years ago

I'd look for a financial planner who is paid by the hour. I'd have him or her set up a plan for making sure my windfall is safe and will grow, so it can provide for me and my family for as long as possible. I'd also, use a tax attorney to help with the presumably more complex tax returns I'd be filing in the future.

I'd also consult with an estate attorney, for putting together various trusts and entities to make sure the assets are protected. Etc. Basically, I'd protect my money not just from me, but from everyone else too, so it lasted and took care of me and my family.

3. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

First, I will relish the feeling of being so lucky and special...why not, it's a hit to the moon.
    My two children do not need my money and I don't feel obligated to give them...as a gift, perhaps...
    My money will just be for me and my husband. We will travel the world together...spend time together in five star hotels and resorts of our choice, experience living like we never did before, and meet all my old friends and ex-colleagues who are now distributed around the U.S, Canada, Europe and other Asian countries. My husband and I will both have great times together...we are not young anymore and no matter how we spend we will still have money even after we die.
    What about choosing the amount I won such as $500,000,000 (five hundred million dollars).

1. Anjili profile image82
      Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a good prospect and healthy sum of money too. Who knows. You might win some day. Best of luck.

2. Jynzly profile image73
      Jynzlyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's a wish why not make it big. I lost nothing whether it comes true or not...I actually like your question it encourages me to dream big.
      Thank you.

4. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

Buy a house in another part of the country (depending how much you win, of course!) and live there for half the year before deciding on whether to sell your original home.
    New neighbours, new environment = new you