jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you won the Lottery

1. adjkp25 profile image92
    adjkp25posted 4 years ago

If you won the Lottery

What would you do if you won the lottery?  Would you keep it all, help family, donate to your favorite charity or ???

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I believe I would start a charity or some kind of foundation - something that helps people that tend to get overlooked or demonized a lot unnecessarily like the working poor and single parents for example. Perhaps something that helps single moms become freelancers or start their own businesses with proper training, funding etc. so that they can meet their financial needs and balance that with family time.  That way they can not stay stuck in dead end jobs, working too many hours and barely scraping by.

I definitely would pay off my own house and travel a bit, but I would rather do good in the world than just give money to my kids or whatever.  I would hope that I could teach them to do kind things and that the people you helped would help others in the future etc.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

It actually happened to someone I know.  It's funny how money changes people.  If I won the lottery, I would buy an old hotel in the south.  I would totally renovate it.  Each room would have it's own deep bath tub and hand sprayer.  The flooring would have to be a non-slip washable surface.  It would be a training center/villa, for not just pets, but homeless dogs that need temporary shelter.  I would train people to work with the dogs and provide jobs to the area.   

I would also open an indoor safe play center for children with sensory issues.

The dogs would be trained as service dogs for children with special needs and I would work with them with the children and train others to do this as well. 

This is my life's dream, although I know it will probably never come true, at least on my budget! LOL

4. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I would do whatever I wanted, for as long as I wanted.

5. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 4 years ago

I would pay off all bills.  Then I would anonymously help some family and friends that I know need a little extra help.  Then I would go to a non-profit organization that work with families who are homeless or on the verge of being homeless and give them a miracle.  And, of course, I would travel a little and do some of those things I've wanted to do but haven't.

Winning the lottery or receiving a large amount of money from whatever source would a blessing and allow me to be a blessing to others.

6. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 4 years ago

The first thing I would do is quit my job.  Then I would figure out who I am sharing the money with and how much.  I would honestly keep most of it, but I would help out family members and maybe start a college scholarship.

7. Jsmiley profile image59
    Jsmileyposted 4 years ago

i would most definitly help out my family we really need it so i can stop struggling to make side money on my website jsmiley.findnowbuynow.info

working