jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

In today's USA how much income/year can be considered as "middle -class" ?

1. pinappu profile image78
    pinappuposted 5 years ago

In today's USA how much income/year can be considered as "middle -class" ?

Middle class is the class who are neither rich nor poor. They can afford a quiet comfortable lifestyle, may own a house, one or more cars and has regular source of incomes. Now, as the cost of living is increasing and the economy is going down and down, how much income is needed in today's America to be in the middle - classes.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6731698_f260.jpg

2. rclinton5280 profile image75
    rclinton5280posted 5 years ago

From the last figures that I heard, the average median household income for the country is  51,413. The poverty line for a 3 person household is just over 19,090.  If you are looking for the middle class, those are probably the best indicators that you can get. A "middle class" family would be making more than 19,090, and less than 51,413 if you are going by the averages.

3. darrensurrey profile image75
    darrensurreyposted 5 years ago

In England, I'm not sure money defines your class. You can be rich and low class. Class, as I see it, is defined by the choices you make and your general attitude to life and others...

4. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

When it comes to income, the median statistic is a better indicator than the average number so that the super rich does not skew the average.  The median income in the United States is roughly 50,000 a year in the 2012.

working