Ever had the anxious feeling to get another car soon after JUST paying off a pre

1. tdebrick profile image60
    tdebrickposted 5 years ago

Ever had the anxious feeling to get another car soon after JUST paying off a previous car loan?

It's the devil and angel sitting on your shoulders one is yelling"save your money" the other one is yelling "go for it that is what you work for!"....yikes!!!!

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Nope! I hate debt! There is no greater feeling than not owing anyone! In fact I strive to pay off any credit card debt within 30 days. Generally speakiing if you go a couple of years without a car payment it's difficult to make a decision to get back into the habit of writing a monthly check for the next 60 months/5 years.
    That's money you could put into savings/investments, take vacations, have weekend getaways from time to time, or just to have for some unforseen emergency. I don't start considering buying a new car until (major) repair bills start adding up annually to something close to a year of car payments. Keep in mind you still need to get a new car serviced while you are still making payments on it.
    I use to tell my ex who would buy one car right after another one and sometimes before the loan was paid off on the previous car! "It's not against the law to have money in the bank!" lol!

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I used to have that temptation. Then we got all our debts paid off and I love that feeling even more than a new car.  It really is a liberating feeling.  But I do remember how it feels to want that new car with the new car smell....but it is so transient.  Buy a piece of property instead...it will feel good and your money will grow.

working