What is intuition? Did following a gut feeling, an instinct ever get you out of

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (58 posts)
  1. Violet Flame profile image64
    Violet Flameposted 11 years ago

What is intuition? Did following a gut feeling, an instinct ever get you out of a tight situation?

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image60
    tlmcgaa70posted 11 years ago

intuition is knowing how to deal with a situation...without knowing how you know it. intuition told me how to deal with a mother elk in yellowdtone to protect a group of tourists. she charged 29 times that day but as i was always there she would stop. i had nnever dealt with elk before and certainly not a young new mother elk, yet i knew how to deal with her. that is intuition

i have written a hub on it under yellowstone natl park if ur interested

Violet Flameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

indeed i am most interested to hear a detailed account of your story. I am sure it will be most inspiring xo

3. greeneryday profile image68
    greenerydayposted 11 years ago

I presume intuition is something that shaped up through experiences or it is just a pure talent. I think no matter how good you able to collect data to make the right decision, in the end nobody can really predict the real outcomes so instinct and gut feeling will take over in most situation and particularly in a tight situation.

4. Marsei profile image91
    Marseiposted 11 years ago

Intuition, to me, is that inner feeling that tells me what's the best thing to do.  I think it saved my life once.  I was about 45 and was at the grocery buying something at noon.  A young guy about 20 came up and told me he was dizzy and sick and asked me to drive him to his hotel which was about two blocks away.  He even produced a bottle of Pepto-Bismol that he had bought at the grocery. 
    I got a very icky feeling and knew not to let him know where my car was or let him follow me to it.  I called to one of the young men who were bringing baskets in and told him to come to the car, that I wanted to show him where a buggy scratched my car.  When we got to the car, I looked up and the young guy was glaring at us.  I told the young worker why I got him to come over and to call the cops and he watched until I was out of the parking lot.  I'll always believe I could have been chopped meat in my own car if I hadn't had that instinctive feeling.

That was an incredible story! Great save from a potentially dangerous situation from listening to your intuition/gut feelings!!

2. Denise Handlon profile image83
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Marsel-kudos to you for following your gut.  Many people, women especially, do not listen to this inner guidance and end up as you say, "chopped meat"    Bravo!

5. John Sarkis profile image80
    John Sarkisposted 11 years ago

One of my personal icons, Ken Roberts says that many successful people have said that they're "counterintuitive."  Not sure he's right on that, but what I've personally noticed is that sometimes things just work out for themselves when we least expect them to - food for thought!

1. wandererh profile image68
      wandererhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a big fan of the Law of Attraction or manifesting, but I have the experience of things just coming together when you need them to.  I would really love to know if it is something or someone giving me what I want or need, or just coincidence.

6. Neil Sperling profile image58
    Neil Sperlingposted 11 years ago

Intuition is a call from who you really are..... deep withing the center of your being. I've communicated with my intuition many times - and can honestly say it has saved my life - Literally - saved from two car accidents ..... I encourage everyone to get in touch with who/what you really are!

I would love to hear your stories of how it saved your life!! xo

2. Neil Sperling profile image58
      Neil Sperlingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very simple - once alone at a red light when it turned green I started to go and a voice inside my head yelled stop... I did - a speeding car came over hte hill and ran the red light - would have hit me broad side -- another story another time!

3. Violet Flame profile image64

wow that was a close one! I think the real life examples are wonderful and important when it comes to inspire our fellow human beings. I love sharing them to my nephews and nieces as a way of helping them steering their courses in life.

7. somethgblue profile image73
    somethgblueposted 11 years ago

Are you kidding me? What is intuition  . . . God's way of remaining anonymous!

Ever had to decide what the truth is without evidence to help support your decision?

Ever listen to that tiny voice inside that told you to trust you heart and soul?

Intuition is proof faith is real.

Ha ha ha "Intuition is God's way of remaining anonymous"! That's FABULOUS!!!  i like it xoxo

8. YogaKat profile image73
    YogaKatposted 11 years ago

Yogiʻs believe that intuition is your "third eye" and located in your sixth chakra.  I have meditated many times trying to see with my third eye . . . with tiny spiritual results.  When I went into a bad part of town to get dog meds . . . my dog had cancer. . . as I drove out of the vet parking lot , I saw a man lying on the ground, curled up in fetal position.  There was a child size bike next to him making me think he had fallen off.  I was about to stop driving in order to help . . . when a loud voice in my head said "NO drive on now!"  I listened and never knew if he was truly hurt.  I felt guilty at first . . . but now I realize it was my intuition.  Normally my beautiful guard dog would have been in my car . . . but she was too sick.  I think they were looking for a solo person sans dog to steal from.

Thank you for sharing this amazing story! It's uncanny how criminals seem to work in a similar way to attract their sympathetic target. So glad you listen to that loud voice in your head!

2. Buzzbee profile image67
      Buzzbeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I find that story fascinating.   I do myself believe that people in contact with their deeper, broader and more intelligent 'intuitive' dimension, are the ones who survive, thrive and lead happier lives!

9. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

From what I've read and have come to understand about intuition, it is actually another center of intelligence within your body that gives you cues to make the right decisions.  It is based in your stomach area, instead of your head, and that's why people call it a "gut" feeling, because the feelings and guidance are actually coming from the gut area.  What is behind intuition? I am not sure, but it appears to be both spiritual (perhaps guidance from dead relatives or other spirits) and instinctive (knowing what is best based on instictive knowledge that comes from nature).

10. alvairs profile image59
    alvairsposted 11 years ago

Yes, following my gut feeling did get me out of a situation that could have cost me everything i have.  i is a gift that should be relied on when one has doubt.

I would love to know what happened when you feel like sharing about the actual events! xo

11. profile image0
    ezeconomicsposted 11 years ago

Intuition is an inner and divine feeling, which helps and guides me so many times in my life.

any particular story you would like to share with us? xoxo

12. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 11 years ago

Yes.  In Indochina I was unarmed and being kidnapped for a bounty by a taxi driver who had two bounties (myself and a Thai soldier) in his three-wheeler.  I told the Thai soldier that it was time for the two of us to jump out, and I did.  He didn't, so I saved myself a lot of trouble and possibly death by following my "intuition" or intellignece, or ESP, prompting, or....whatever.

Oh that sounds scary! What a lucky escape! How did you know when to jump out? How did you know it was the right time? Was it a voice or pure strong instinct/gut feeling?

2. Perspycacious profile image63
      Perspycaciousposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We were four passengers, all strangers. As we neared the edge of a fairly safe area, the driver sped up, headed out of the safe area, and I acted on my impression.  The three-wheeler sped on.

13. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 11 years ago

Neil Sperling is correct. To me intuition or instinct are the same thing. We have an innate mechanism, be it due to the magnetic field surrounding our body, be it God's guidance that senses and warns or advises us what to do or not to do. My entire life I've been hearing and talking about instinct and intuition (sometimes referred to as the sixth sense) but it wasn't until I read the words of a scientist a few years back about how important it is to connect and listen to it that I came to consciously appreciate it. I've never been in a tight situation but I do try to listen to it. I say try because our modern day world is too full of noise clutter that keeps us from connecting with our inner selves unless we meditate or focus on some silence at bed time. Intuition is a gift to be grateful for.

I try to follow my intuition as much as I possibly can, and it makes life almost magical. The times I ignored it were the times I regretted for not listening to it. Could you please share with us about what the scientist said? a link to the article?

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It was an article in an old issue of PSYCHOLOGIES magazine. In a nutshell the doctor said we should listen to our intuition and an African-American actress talked about an incident of rape where her intuition was telling her to get out but she didn't

3. Violet Flame profile image64

Thank You Garifalla,
      I wonder what scientific fact the doctor base their argument on. I always think it very exciting when they find scientific evidence to back up the more elusive things like intuition. It helps one making a stronger case.

4. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe they do studies on a number of people for a number of years and draw their conclusions. Besides that, there are centuries old texts referring to intuition and instinct. And a lot of what our grandparents believed is now proven correct.

14. Grams Study profile image59
    Grams Studyposted 11 years ago

what is intuition?It is knowing without the aid of rational processes.  I believe in God and have always trusted Him to show me what to do in any given situation.  I have many times listened to what I felt was a no do not go or do not buy that or do not talk about that publicly or many other things throughout my life and would later find out that I had approached it in the right manner.  I am so glad my Mother taught me about God and how to trust in him It was a saving grace many many times. I give Him the glory for what he does in my life.

15. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

Intuition is something which is found to be a true voice of heart after the situation comes truly in to existence and many a times it is just proved to be a mere fear of the heart.  If asked for my opinion, most of the time my instinct has proven itself to be true as whatever I thought and what was not going out of my heart came to be true in the later part

16. good0917 profile image58
    good0917posted 11 years ago

Proverbs 4:23 says  more than all else that is to be guarded,safeguard your heart,for out of it are the sources of life.1 chronicles 28:9 says serve him with a complete heart ,for all hearts jehovah is searching and every inclination of the thoughts he is discerning.Taking intuition as christians you want to be careful with intuition and gut feelings.For long as they are in the realm of what the bible says of course.But remember to safeguard your heart from worldly influence.Remembering that God is searching through every intuition,thought and gut feeling.To answer your question yes.

17. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

There is a quiet, still voice that speaks to me from time to time. And it has saved more times than I can count. I have also run afoul by not listening to it in my arrogance.

Perhaps my most memorable occurrence happened on a sunny, summer afternoon, just before sunset, during rush hour traffic in Los Angeles.

Within about two minutes, on Wilshire Boulevard, six different drivers assaulted my car with their vehicles, wedging without warning their cars in front of mine. I was thankful that my brakes worked well, otherwise those cars would've been damaged by their recklessness. The third time this happened, my brakes received their biggest workout in my entire lifetime experience driving. I thrust my foot down on the brake pedal with a force that made my back ache and my leg shake.

After the sixth such occurrence, my rage had been building to the point of boiling over. I wondered what was wrong with these drivers and their selfishness. They endangered their own cars for what? A few seconds advantage in traffic that was molasses slow? And then it struck me that so many cars were wedging in front of mine that I must be going backwards.

The irony of that last thought startled me. And suddenly I could hear the quiet still voice within. It told me that I was 100% responsible for the actions of those other drivers. And I did not become defensive or reasonable at that statement. Suddenly, it all made sense. My mind was so fixated upon my frustration that I was creating the things in my environment toward which I could flow that frustration.

And suddenly, I no longer felt frustration. I no longer felt like a victim. Instead, I had become invulnerable. Traffic could've done whatever it wanted to me and I would not have cared. It could've destroyed my car or my body and I would not have minded.

And in realizing my own culpability in creating the snarl of traffic around me, I thought to create its opposite. So, I pictured in my mind, wide open spaces and smooth sailing all the way to my destination. And then, like the Buddhists would say, I "allowed" it. I took my awareness off of the picture in order to give it persistence.

The next moment, the cars directly in front of me evacuated the next 2 miles of center, westbound lane. Bumper-to-bumper traffic left and right had suddenly become doubly thick with snarling traffic. And for 4 minutes I ran that empty gauntlet while the walls of cars stood on either side.

The Art of Forgiveness saved me that day

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is very inspiring! Definitely lots of food for thoughts there, particularly the victim mentality we ensnare ourselves in at time to time. We are 100% responsible to our experience at all times. Bravo!

18. vtwilli profile image79
    vtwilliposted 11 years ago

Being a Christian, intuition for me is discernment. It is having insight or unknown knowledge about things.

19. Moon Lightened profile image67
    Moon Lightenedposted 11 years ago

We experience intuition when the clouds of our thoughts and self-delusions part, if only for a moment, and reveal the clarity always present in our true nature/pure consciousness.

1. Neil Sperling profile image58
      Neil Sperlingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Clear and accurate statement. I agree

20. Jynzly profile image63
    Jynzlyposted 11 years ago

Intuition is a personal experience coming from within. It can be a "still small voice", a gut feeling, a "knowing" or a plain feeling; it can even be a situation around that prevents you from doing what  you had consciously planned earlier, it can also be a sudden change of direction in a given situation.
    Lots of theories and philosophical explanations rampantly fill the air, the books and from word of mouths when intuition is a very personal matter.
    I almost always do my every day decision and activity following my intuition; people, events, location, objects, activities are among the mirrors, sounding boards and triggers for my intuition to work. It's not necessarily in situations of dire need or an alert or warning of danger; it is also for every day living.

One incident was when I went to the mall to buy a hair dye for my husband. I was in a passenger jeepney going home while my mind was thinking of whether I could ever get a teaching job in the Public High School. I had been applying in the DECS (Department of Education Culture and Sports) for three months already in which I was ranked number 3 among the 250 applicants. The top ten applicants names were posted, which means that if there were 10 vacant positions I would surely get one. But then, "NO VACANCY" sign was also posted beside it. This really made me sulk for a week at this time.
    At this time, the passenger jeepney abruptly ran out of gasoline which prompted the driver to let all passengers go. I was really pissed off because it was 12:00 noon and was difficult to get another jeepney. When I was on the road I looked around and noticed that I was standing right in front of the DECS Division Office; so I went across to see if it was still open when I heard these three desperate applicant teachers talking about one vacant position in Suarez High School, a DECS Division school. They even said that there were actually 3 but the two were given away through bribery.
    This information made me 'excited' (feeling) and then I heard a jeepney driver calling for passengers to Suarez. I took the jeepney...and the story goes on...I was teaching in Suarez High School for 7 consecutive years.
    More of this type of experience had been happening to me...once we start to learn to listen, feel, and to keep our eyes, ears and all senses open to ourselves and to everything that has connections to everything that we are in the personal level, our intuitions will handle everything in our lives, things get much easier.

What wonderful synchronicity! It makes you feel as if life is a great orchestrated symphony and you are exactly where you need to be. What blessing xo

21. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60
    Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 11 years ago

This being my third life after surviving a mild heart attack and a mild stroke in separate distant instances, I consider intuition as either from two main sources, one coming from light, and another coming from darkness. 

Having seen the light, I have learned to believe in the power of faith in Jesus.  In my prayer for discernment, Jesus has revealed to me that I can best heal with natural means, and let go of regular medication from doctors prescription. 

My whole family was against it, but I was ready to let go, and let Jesus lead me to the way he wants me to get healed.  Lo and behold, I am not using any medication other than natural means since the end of 2010.  I have learned to accept the truth and essence of our existence that in our being is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, as in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, and it is what is attuned to my faith that I listen to in my prayer for discernment, I always depend on God's Words in my decisions, for in Jesus, I have seen many saved.  And that all things happen for a reason, mainly based on man's choices and decisions in every given situation.  The question "who is your master" comes to fore, is it God or Mammon?  To whom will you listen? 

Spiritual Warfare for me is a strong reality in this generation.  The more we may equip ourselves against the advances of evil, the better, for the more we see us blessed in Jesus, the 'fullness of the deity dwells in him bodily,' as in Colossians 2:9, and be wary, Mammon is playing strong in this war out to prey on the the doubters and the weak in faith.

22. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image62
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 11 years ago

Intuition for me is to follow and listen to your inner voice.It tells you not only about things but also about the persons to whom you have to close encoumter everyday.Actually it comes to you mostly by birth and for some it the result of meditation.In my finding ,knowingly you can not develop such thing as nature gives this talent.It is said that women have  developed intuition by nature or say they have sixth sense.Still you could develop it if you are selfless,helpful to other,believe in god and do good deeds for your inner peace then your mind would response like this

23. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

I believe it is the deep sub-conscious and knows everything. Once a person is open to its influences or deconstructs to some extent the barrier between consciousness and sub, then its subtle guiding wisdom will never lead one astray.

what you said reminds me of Carl Jung's superconscious and the collective unconscious. Perhaps there's a link there between them and the field of consciousness as discovered by the Quantum physicists. Personally, I imagine it 2 be divine omnipresence

24. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

To me, intuition is information that pops into my brain and I have no idea where it came from. A number of times in my life, I've been somewhere that I had the feeling something bad was going to happen, so I left. Sometimes bad did happen; sometimes not. For me personally, I hope that I can always recognize the difference between intuition and paranoia.

25. g-girl11 profile image79
    g-girl11posted 11 years ago

I seem to notice intuition more when I DON'T follow it.  I can be in a situation ( a purchase, a decision, a conversation) and begin to physically feel that I am going in the wrong direction.  Sometimes I don't act on it because I am embarrassed to change my mind or interrupt or change things.  When I don't act on it,  it ALWAYS leads to regret!

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great answer g girl. That's how I feel. But your first gut feeling is the message. I also had a near death experience and if not listened to many signs I would not survived a bad accident, or at least suffered dearly.

26. unvrso profile image83
    unvrsoposted 11 years ago

Intuition allows us to acquire knowledge without the use of reason. It´s knowledge that stems from our inner self, and it is intuition that allow us to come up with the brighest ideas, some of which can get us out of a tight situation.

For example, I think that some animals have developed intuition more than humans when they can sense the natural disasters before they occur. In the same way our intuition can prevent us from getting hurt in a number of similar situations.

27. Violet Flame profile image64
    Violet Flameposted 11 years ago

Thank you everyone for taking time to answer this question, for your careful consideration and your generosity in sharing your valuable life experiences.

I think the real life examples are the precious gold nuggets when it comes to inspiring our fellow human beings. I love sharing them with my nephews and nieces as a way of helping them steering their courses in life. We know this course is often full of undercurrents and hidden dangers, and intuition is our build-in navigator, even though we might never fully understand or agree among ourselves of how it gets to be there. Be it a quiet inkling, a knowing, a sudden conviction or an actual voice in our head, instinctive or celestial in origin, it is undeniable that many of us owe much of our present serenity to our intuition.

Since I am more a visual person, my intuitive guidance comes to me often in pictures and in dreams when my mind is finally quiet and susceptive. A series of repetitive nightmarish dreams warning me that it was time to leave my cushy job as a flight attendant. A more gentler dream foretells the fruitlessness of a new relationship (of which i promptly ignored). The time when I suspected my lecturer of leading me down a wrong track and just somehow knew I had to scrap my old project and came up with a new one and somehow complete it in one night. The picture of this impossibly clever 3D transparent box came to play in my head, all complete in all its intricate ways of folding back into an A4 flat sheet in order to fit into an A4 envelop. I worked through the night without a minute to spare. You should see my lecture's face the next morning when I presented it to her.
    The time I drove too fast over a bend on a hilly country road and skid over loose gravel (the side of the road drops off to the bottom of the hill) and something took over the driving in a split second that saw me parked after an impossible 180 degree turn on the very same spot on the other side of the very narrow road, when the car behind me drove past, wondering how I got to be there. I would really love to have a real time video of that event, I reckon the car must have somehow turned 180 degree in the mid air and parked all by itself. Or was it more a divine intervention than a good old intuition?

28. carolp profile image78
    carolpposted 11 years ago

i feel Intuition 2 or more times tiggering my mind, i feel uncomfortable hearing, talking or discussing about a topic or situation. I always feel the negative impulse and the possible risk of doing a thing. I have been using my intuition protecting my children in danger or accidents as well as in taking care of my patients.

I am sure you have an amazing protective instinct when it comes to caring for your loved ones. I would love to hear some of your stories!!! xoxoxo

29. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 11 years ago

Your senses provide you with lots of information but you are not aware of all the information and you are not aware of all the information that is stored in your brain.  I think intuition is the result of your mind interpreting the information.  When I was at university I clearly felt something was off when I was on my way to class long before I was near the class room.  However nothing bad happened.  The class was cancelled for the day.

I have never gotten out of a tight situation using my intuition.  Usually the feelings are not strong enough for me to know that it is intuition.

30. Cara.R profile image66
    Cara.Rposted 11 years ago

This is an interesting question that I recently asked a Psychologist. The answer he gave me may disappoint others. However I found it to be logical; even though I believe there is a "sixth sense" if you will.  He told me that a gut feeling is when; what someone says and what someone does doesn't match up. Pretty basic of an answer although, for me, it doesn't cover every situation. Like the ones that have nothing to do with other people.  Like having that "gut feeling" you should drive a different way home from work and you just so happened to avoid an accident.

In this case, I am afraid you are right and the psychologist is wrong. When what someone says does not match up with what s/he does, that person is wither lying, in denial or in conflict. It most definitely does not mean intuition.

31. Emanate Presence profile image69
    Emanate Presenceposted 11 years ago

Hi Violet Flame,

To me, instinct and gut feeling are an animal survival mechanism. Something registers without our recognizing it through the five senses. A situation may not feel right, or we may have an urge to be at a certain place by a certain time.

Intuition acts on our desires and opens doors, often through synchronicity. If the desires are base, it will help fulfill them as well as when the desires are noble. So it seems to be morally and ethically neutral. However, I have noticed that intuition can lead to fulfilling a lower desire in a way that gives opportunity to learn a lesson. Intuition speaks to me through the inner voice or visions and is often unexpected. It flourishes when the intent is to serve Life.

When Kati and I first met, she was in America on a tourist visa and had to leave the country. We went into the wilderness of Idaho where I had spent a summer 30 some years before, to fast and seek direction, whether to go to India or Spain. As we hiked back to our base camp one evening, the inner voice spoke clearly to me, "Be alert."

After a campfire, we went each into our own tents. Later, in the moonless midnight, Kati's tent was filled with darkness darker than the night, and a sense of terror. She could barely make it to my tent, close to the river. I applied energy healing, and we both fell into sleep. The next day, we inquired from our intuition about what had happened and received an answer that there were earthbound souls who wanted to be freed. Not having done such a thing before, we allowed intuition to guide us and after-wards asked for a sign. The circle of wildflowers we stood in, which had been motionless, bowed in a short breeze.

Later we learned from a university outpost in the wilderness, that where we camped there had been a skirmish between the native people and the U.S. military, with casualties.

Intuition can not only give warnings, but also provide guidance to do things in situations where there was no previous knowledge or training. It is a forerunner of an attribute of coming stages in human evolution.

32. venusinfurs1 profile image57
    venusinfurs1posted 11 years ago

I am truly stumped by the origin of intuition. I don't know what it is, where it comes from or why it exists. Whether it is a mechanism to ensure survival, guidance from a spirit, a subconscious realization or all 3 I can't say. I do know now that when your intuition speaks to you it is imperative that you listen to it, however strange it may seem or how it interferes with your plans.

I don't know if this thread is still open or if you are still receiving questions, but I have two remarkable stories regarding intuition(although one may be considered a premonition). One that saved my life, and one that ruined my life.

When I was 16, I had a disturbing dream where I was walking to my mother's house and a red truck kept driving by me. It was later parked at the front of my old elementary school, and a man asked if I wanted a ride. I said, 'yes' and he locked the doors, drove me to his home and locked me in a basement. About 3 weeks later, not making the connection at the time, I was walking to my mother's house and kept seeing the same red truck coming from every direction even though I was walking in one direction, straight the whole way. Eventually, I came across my old elementary school where he was parked in my dream. He asked if I 'wanted a ride' and I hesitated because I was tired and didn't want to walk anymore. I said no and he rode off. Then I realized much later the connection between my dream and the situation.

The second scenario is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I was getting a tattoo from a friend last year, and when I sat down something said, 'you shouldn't get that on your leg.' I debated getting it somewhere else for a minute and then said to myself 'no that's stupid the only reason I'm getting this is to have a tattoo on my leg.' He ended up ruining my body. The tattoo was too deep, came out terrible, and I ended up with staph infection. I am very sick now and will never be the same again. I do not recognize myself in the mirror and my quality of life is so poor. I replay that day in my head over and over again and wonder where I would be now if I had just listened to that voice instead of being stubborn.

33. be grateful profile image61
    be gratefulposted 9 years ago

Intuition is that deep whisper within you, that only you can here.  It is Nature's way of guiding you thru life.  Anyone can obtain intellect with a fancy degree or whatever your source of education may be, instinct, on the other hand is imbedded deep within us all from the time of birth.  Shhhh if you're quiet enough, you can here the whisper...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)