jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What are the advantages of having your own domain?

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

What are the advantages of having your own domain?

And how difficult is it to create and maintain a website, where's the best place to buy a domain? What's the most affordable and user-friendly site to buy a domain? I've looked into Weebly. I understand it's pretty user-friendly.

2. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Wordpress is the best option, buy a domain name from something like godaddy or hostgator and use a good host to host the site.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's making sense. I use Wordpress' free dot com site, which is easy to use, and I know Wordpress is well-known and you find articles from it popping up everywhere. Sounds like a real good option.

2. lobobrandon profile image91
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There's a big difference between wordpress and wordpress.org. Use wordpress.org and not wordpress.com. Wordpress is actually a kind of platform (you could call it a kind of software).

3. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay, yes, I remember reading about that, Wordpress being software or a platform. I've been wondering about all that, I knew about both sites. Good info. I've also been wondering about the difference between .com and .org., whether one has advantages

4. lobobrandon profile image91
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

About the .org I guess only if you're a real organisation use it. I had no clue myself about wordpress etc. I learnt everything just last month when I got myself a website

working