jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

With the economy growing worse,have you thought about extreme measures to ensure

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image51
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 5 years ago

With the economy growing worse,have you thought about extreme measures to ensure safety or survival?

Civilian unrest is always possible  War and attacks could happen.  The food crises and increases in prices are forthcoming, along with shortages.  The economy and the fiscal cliff are in the near future.  The stock markets and businesses are unstable.  The credit rating could be down-rated causing the currency to devalue itself.  These are some "could" happens, but have you thought of any ideas to prevent or curtail any actions within your household ?  Have you thought about stocking up, hoarding, growing a garden, building an underground bunker, put wire around your house, weapons, etc.?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, to a lot of those things.  Even if it isn't the economy, it could be a weather phenomenon or something similar. I think being prepared for disasters, either economic or otherwise is a very wise thing to do.  But...I we are not obsessive about it, just prudent.

3. Angela Blair profile image80
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

Yes, I've definitely given it some thought -- my first thought being head to the wide open spaces of West Texas and my brother in the event of armed "unrest" in this country. Secondly, in the interim, I've armed myself well, have plenty of ammunition and will be a formidable adversary should I be attacked (one has to be armed at my age -- too old to run very far!) I do have a bit of food put back which is intended to sustain me for a little while -- not  for years you understand! The way I see it -- I voted in a manner that would/could/should prevent all the above -- but barring that and with the economy hanging by a little finger on that fiscal cliff -- anything could happen. Forethought and preparation go a long way when unpreventable crisis occurs -- I pray it won't come to that.

4. slcockerham profile image76
    slcockerhamposted 5 years ago

Awareness and preparation are the keys to self-defense and survival. As the proverb says: The wise person sees the danger or snares ahead and avoids or prepares for it, the fool proceeds on and is ensnared. (SLC paraphrase) This will not be a good time for those who cling to their normalcy bias, better to cling to your Bibles and firearms, inspite of what others in power say. Yes, it is something to consider, but not to advertise, as government agencies are targeting preppers; some have been deemed mentally unstable to confiscate their firearms.

working