jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think the economy is getting better or worse. Please explain why or why n

1. Understanding You profile image57
    Understanding Youposted 7 years ago

Do you think the economy is getting better or worse. Please explain why or why not.

2. rafken profile image79
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

Fuel prices are up again and the United Nations just reported that World food prices in December, were the highest on record. I don't think the economy can be getting better, not yet anyway.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

it depends on where you are. some countries are fairing much better then others but on a whole i think the reccession is just getting started. everything is getting more expensive yet taxes are going up. we sit back and complain but when you tell someone not to shop at places like walmart who get a huge percentage of their products from china, people will say they like the store because it's cheaper. absolute nonsense because if we spend money that goes to another country things will never get better in your own country.

4. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

I have it on good authority that there is at least another 20 trillion dollars worth of bad debt that American banks have yet to declare.

Then there is the curious fact that, for every ounce of 'real' gold traded on the world markets, there is at least another 10 that only exist on paper.

We are all being taken for a ride - and the guy sat behind the steering wheel hasn't finished with us yet.

5. Jazmin Raine profile image57
    Jazmin Raineposted 7 years ago

I do not believe it is getting better, for the simple reason that I have had a friend who has applied for just about every job that has come available in our area for a year now and there are sometimes hundreds of applicants for one postion. They have yet to find a job and are looking at being homeless for the first times in there lives. They have always worked and provided for thereselves and his family. His degrees are doing him no good or his years of job experience or excellent job history. As of today he went to apply for a housekeeping job for a local hotel. He waited to turn his application in, in a line that went out of the hotel and down the sidewalk. So no I do not believe the economy is any better. But I do hope we will be seeing better days in the future.