jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do if you won $550 million from the lottery?

1. timthechirpinbyrd profile image61
    timthechirpinbyrdposted 5 years ago

What would you do if you won $550 million from the lottery?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Whatever I wanted, for as long as I wanted.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I can't even wrap my head around that kind of money. But first and foremost I would get a good accountant and pay my taxes on it.  Then I would remodel my house to be more "older folk" friendly.  Really just small things like that.

I would make sure my husband and I had good medical insurance for the rest of our lives.  I would set up funds for my grandchildren and help my kids out when and where needed.

I would also set up a foundation to anonymously pay medical bills for folks who struggle because of no insurance.

4. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

After setting aside $40 - $50 million for myself I would definitely pay for college for my nieces and nephew, tied to their continued good performance in school. I would set up scholarship funds for others and grants/stipends for talented but broke figure skaters. As a figure skater, I've got a huge soft spot for this. I have seen firsthand at least three very talented skaters that could not get to the national and world stage all because their families could not afford five figures a year to get them there or get sponsors to lighten the load.

With hundreds of millions, I'd have the dough to fund a medium sized construction company to build small and affordable homes and maybe some apartment communities that would provide a nice and safe place for working class folks to live, be proud to own, and be proud to be a part of the neighborhood. This action would create jobs locally as well fill a need for affordable housing. I would set up a rental management company that services (my) apartment communities and single family homes. I would continue donating money to feed the hungry and homeless as well.

I'd be able to create a community center in an at-risk neighborhood to provide a light in the storm for at-risk youth. It would provide free tutoring, supervised physical activities, and a grant for college if the kids stay out of trouble and maintain at least B average in school upon graduation from high school. This community center would have a stream of speakers who have "been there and done that" and would be able to encourage at-risk kids to remain on the right path.

As you see, I have lots of ideas but not 550 million. But I'm working on it and I'm smart enough to know the lotto not going to be the way for me, but there are other ways. Still, it's nice to dream smile

5. safiq ali patel profile image74
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Oh my god. $550 million. I would travel the world. Invest some, give some away to people and overall I think I would adopt a restful attitude towards life. No longer worrying about cash flow instead just enjoying a laid back lifestyle. I think I would put some of that money to creative use too maybe by advertising my hubs and publishing a novel.

Great question....thank you. xx safiq.

working