What's the worst piece of advice anyone has ever given you?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image87
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

What's the worst piece of advice anyone has ever given you?

2. Mega over profile image56
    Mega overposted 5 years ago

My tooth was loose when I was six and my grandpa told me to tie a string to my tooth tie it to the back of his truck and he would drive off at top speed.

3. Amy Becherer profile image73
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

When I was 38, I developed an itchy, bilateral rash on my forehead that blistered and spread down to the top of my left eyelid.  I was in a lot of pain and made an appt to see my dermatologist.  I have autoimmune disease and I felt systemically sick with the rash.  I was concerned that I had developed shingles, as I worked in a chiropractic office where a young mother brought her child into the office covered in chickenpox the week prior to my rash.  The dermatologist insisted my rash was 'herpes' and an antiviral was prescribed.  Shingles is in the herpes family, but it is actually a reactivation of the chickenpox virus, which lays latent in the nerves once the patient recovers from a bout with chickenpox.  Since I was concerned about my eye, I went to see my eye doctor, who immediately diagnosed me with shingles. He told me that, oddly, mine was the 4th case he'd seen that week in a young person.  Luckily, the antiviral drug was effective in treating all forms of the herpes family of viruses.  Two weeks later I transmitted my shingles to my young daughter, who developed chickenpox.  Two weeks following her infection, my husband at the time, developed chickenpox.  I made a trip to the dermatologists office to inform him, that, I was indeed, correct about having shingles and not the common form of herpes he insisted I had.  He did not apologize or acknowledge his mistake and I never returned to his abysmal excuse for a medical practice.

working