jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Which affiliate programs should I chose

1. BeBrown profile image71
    BeBrownposted 4 years ago

Which affiliate programs should I chose

I have a small blog that is steadily increasing in traffic, at the moment my revenue is from amazon and adsense and I am doing ok. I want to offer expand my affiliate choices and was wondering if anybody had an recommendations?  Which Affiliates are small independant blogger friendly?

2. lsamson profile image60
    lsamsonposted 4 years ago

I too have started up a small blog and I found this thread which could be very helpful for you, I've read through it and found it very interesting but I am going to wait untill I'm ranking high in google before I choose a specific monetization strategy. Anyway, here is the post: go to warrior forum and search "adsense vs amazon vs clickbank. fastest way to make 100 day"

1. BeBrown profile image71
      BeBrownposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that, really appreciated.

3. wqaindia profile image79
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

I am content with working for IndiaStudyChannel, HubPage and WebQuestionAnswers  and I have been advised by senior most members to keep away from click banks. HotelsCombined is a good affiliate program in addition to Adsense , Amazon or eBay. If you have your own videos uploaded on your YouTube, then you can also monetize your owned videos through adsense.

4. RolyRetro profile image85
    RolyRetroposted 4 years ago

I have found that ebay has consistently paid more than adsense on my Hubpages and on my personal website, which is about classic arcade and video games.

I think the subject of your writing will dictate if ebay is a success - my content focuses on very collectible items, which often feature on ebay, and therefore my audience is more inclined to select auctions which are featured as part of my article.

If for example my article is on a specific and rare video game, the ebay auctions listed will feature that game.  I may not get a huge number of visitors to the page, but they will be much more likely to click on the auction and generate revenue.

In contrast, an Adsense advertisement will only loosely relate to the content, and sometimes not at all, and is much less likely to generate a response from the reader than a targeted ebay auction for this kind of article.

For other blogs that I write that feature product reviews for currently retailed products, I will use Amazon which has a great return for this kind of article.

You have to pitch the revenue generation technique at the article in question, and always ask yourself why someone would be reading your content, what would have lead them to the page, and how likely are they to want to engage with the advertisement.

5. mylindaelliott profile image76
    mylindaelliottposted 4 years ago

I use Amazon and Adsense.  If I want to make more money I create more content.

working