jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How unlikely is it to make small income from a blog?

1. mariexotoni profile image95
    mariexotoniposted 4 years ago

How unlikely is it to make small income from a blog?

Just how unlikely is it? Maybe like $3k/ year?

2. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 4 years ago

It takes a bit of work, a really good topic, a bit of luck, and practice. But at my current rate I am making five figures a year just through blogging.

I started at least 3 blogs before a started the one that has been my most successful. So don't be afraid to start a new blog when you get ideas. Just be consistent, and do your research and practice.

Hubpages is a great place to learn from, and then take that knowledge further through other opportunities.

1. mariexotoni profile image95
      mariexotoniposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great answer. I want to find some blog examples to follow. Can I check out yours? smile  (besides your hub pages one)

2. internpete profile image89
      internpeteposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sure, TracfoneReviewer.blogspot.com or OkinawaTravelGuide.blogspot.com

Hope that helps!

3. mariexotoni profile image95
      mariexotoniposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, it does tremendously!

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I make decent money on my blogs and websites in addition to my hubs and working for clients via Elance and other freelancing sites.  To make that much on a blog you have to be dedicated and consistent, a topic that is unique and not over-saturated, but not so niche that no one is looking for it either.  It takes a lot of time and effort, but it can be done very easily.  My oldest website earns about $450 per month in ad revenue, some of my smaller ones earn $50 to $100 or so per month.

The longer a site or blog is established, the more traffic and money you stand to make. You need to market, develop a following etc.

working