Blogjob or Blogger? Which blogging site should I use?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Gina145 profile image70
    Gina145posted 8 years ago

Blogjob or Blogger? Which blogging site should I use?

Blogger, a Google site, offers a sense of security, but I would struggle to get my blog seen. Blogjob is a blogging community. It pays a small amount for each post and interaction with other members, and allows me to use AdSense and affiliate links but I’m concerned by a line in their Terms and Conditions granting them ‘exclusive ownership of Submission of every kind’.  I’m not sure if this means my content or only comments etc. and whether it would prevent me from moving my blog to Blogger if I ever wanted to do so. If you were a first time blogger in my position, which site would you choose?

2. nazmulchy profile image61
    nazmulchyposted 8 years ago

I will take blog option. Here is somethings that i am doing But as well as you also blogger. you can see this blog http://www.currentworlds.com/

3. sadiq olalekan profile image60
    sadiq olalekanposted 8 years ago

Hi Gina,
    I think you should try and go for both of them, because to me i can see some promises in blogger and blogjob for now has it own profit, though it may take time but with hard work you we make it. see you at the top.

Gina145posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sadiq,
      I'm really not sure I've got enough time or ideas to go for both.

4. Sulabha profile image76
    Sulabhaposted 8 years ago

Thanks. I came to know about Blogjob from you. Otherwise, I am a blogger and I have been blogging since 2007 under the name www.suthinks.blogspot.in.
    But over the years I have become irregular. Mainly because, I felt I was not reaching anywhere -be it money, appreciation or discussion. If that answers your question!

1. sadiq olalekan profile image60
      sadiq olalekanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Fine good for you. I just want to help. thanks

2. Gina145 profile image70

I'm afraid that will happen to me too if I join Blogger. That's why I like the sound of Blogjob. I'm just not sure whether I can trust that site.

5. Mike Welsh profile image60
    Mike Welshposted 8 years ago

It depends what you want out of it. If you just want to write then Blogjob. Having you own website/blog requires a lot more marketing, but if i honest i find it fun. I learnt how to write online with hubpages then set up http://loveskiathos.co.uk/ which has been around now for around 3-4 months and i am really enjoying the whole experience.

I want to write, but I want people to read what I write and I'd like to earn money out of it. My problem is that I'm hopeless at marketing and don't have many followers on social media.

2. Mike Welsh profile image60
      Mike Welshposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I didn't have any followers i when i started the website and didn't really advertise that the site was mine among friends either.
      Write great content share on twitter and google+ and people will come. Looking at your hubs, you are a good writer.

3. Gina145 profile image70

Thanks Mike, it's nice of you to say that.

6. Garvit Agrawal profile image58
    Garvit Agrawalposted 8 years ago

hii gina....i suggest that blogger is a evergreen thing in blogs. but in case you want your  blogs be famous or viral.,blogger is not a right place

7. sitebuilders profile image60
    sitebuildersposted 8 years ago

Hi Gina, I think you should try to build your own website. Thanks goodness, it’s so easy today with so many code-free website builders like Wix, uKit or Weebly.

Blogger and various blogging communities are also a great option, but having your own website with your own domain name and custom design is much better. Having your own blog puts YOU in the driver’s seat - you own the content, you can decide what ads to display etc., saying nothing about the professional look of the site.

Even if you don’t know a single HTML tag, you can build a nice-looking site - online site builders provide a visual interface making the site building process a matter of drag-and-drop.

You can either use a free version of a site builder (with ads and subdomain), or purchase a paid account which will cost you about $4-$6 a month.

Good luck wink

Thanks sitebuilders. That's something I might consider at a later date, but I don't feel I'm ready for it right now. Even the thought of having to come up with a lot of fresh content is intimidating.

8. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

i started to write at blogger 5 years ago. Nothing much to gain but adsense.

I just started at blogjob today, just eaned 50 cents with 113 points.

try both sites but one article per day, don't exhaust yourself

On a whim I signed up with Blogjob, but I haven't written anything yet because I'm still undecided whether it's the right place for me. Decision making isn't one of my strengths.
      I don't think I'm ready to write for both just yet.

9. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

Actually I found out about BlogJob from you and decided ti check it out.  I too have a blog on Blogger and never really had luck with it and like what I see at BlogJob.  Yes, according tot he TOS your post cannot show up online anywhere else.  But that is the same as HubPages.  I do like the point system where you get 50 points per post. When you reach 5,000 points you can get $25 in Paypal cash. And I do like you can have many blogs on that site.  However, I do not like the posting limit at 150 points a day-which means you can only post two blog entries per day-since you get small points just for logging in and interacting.  However, that can increase over time.

I am slowly moving my hubs over to BlogJob. and deleting the hubs as I go.

I've created an account at BlogJob, but I realised it's not the right place for a photo blog because 300 words content is too much for that, so I'm going to move that one somewhere else. Save your points until you have 10,000 and you get $100.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that too about 10,000 points.  It will take me a while since of the blogging limits-maybe 50 days to get 10k in points.

10. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 8 years ago

I have no idea which is better, Blogger or BlogJob. I have blogs at Blogger and since a few days I started blogging at BlogJob. I am trying both and we´ll see how they go.

Yes,  I've seen you on BlogJob. I've started a photo blog there but I don't think that's the right place for it because there's too much written content required. But I'm no longer sure that Blogger is the right place for that one either.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

@Gina.  I found you there and contacted the owner and he is giving you credit for referring me since you indirectly did by posting this question.  If you do decide to stick with this one I am loiseryan on that site

3. Gina145 profile image70

Thanks @LoisRyan13903 . I was trying to work out where that referral came from.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

You're very welcome.  I have one as well but not sure where it came from.  But any time you share something through places like Twitter, one of your contacts might join

5. Gina145 profile image70

That's good to know. I've been sharing, but I don't have a big following on social media, so I don't get a lot of visits out of it.

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image61

For me Twitter works for me with followers.  Usually with whoever follows me I follow back

11. Gina145 profile image70
    Gina145posted 8 years ago

I'm still not sure which is the best site for long term use, but I've decided that BlogJob is a great place for first-time bloggers to hone their blogging skills. I've written a Hub about the site for anyone who wants to know more about it.

Gina145posted 7 years agoin reply to this

10 months ago BlogJob seemed the best option, but after they suspended their rewards program, I moved most of my content to Blogger. I may not earn as much there as I did at BlogJob, but at least Blogger has a future. I'm not sure that BlogJob does.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)