jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What "Work from home" sites would you recommend?

1. m0rd0r profile image75
    m0rd0rposted 4 years ago

What "Work from home" sites would you recommend?

I am especially interested in personal experience from freelancers and home workers.

2. TomRy profile image72
    TomRyposted 4 years ago

It depends on what your skills are, but you can sign up on Odesk.com or elance.com and sell your services.

m0rd0rposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I already have an account in oDesk and had 1 job completed. Is eLance also that good in paying immediately on completion?

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 4 years ago

It definitely depends on the types of things you're interested in doing. I've been a full-time freelance writer since 2007, and got my biggest kick forward on Elance. It's still a ton of work to get your foot in the door, but that's the site that generated the most high-quality clients for me. By high-quality, I mean the ones who are still with me, and a couple of them have recommended me to more great clients just like them. That said, Elance recently re-worked everything on there -- I hit a slow spot last month and decided to look around, and couldn't seem to find much worthwhile.

Other than that -- I actually made more money on Helium last year than in everything else combined. It wasn't open-submission stuff, though, it was their custom content side -- I was recruited for that a couple years ago, but they're accepting applications for it now last I heard. If you want to write for a living, you may also be surprised at how many big content and news sites will accept applications.

Interesting. Post a link to Helium please. I already know who eLance are.

4. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Are you a freelance writer? If so I use Elance, but also have sold work on Constant-Content.  I don't care for 0desk, too under priced on everything.  You have to wade through a lot of crap on Elance too, but I've found several good paying clients that I've kept working for regularly.  I would also suggest if applicable, using websites that allow you to build a free portfolio and/or developing a website of your own to highlight your work and advertise.  I get clients that way as well.

Got about 200 articles in my 2 blogs already, but I am more interested in other kinds of freelance and home work too. Like remote site support, QA, game testing etc.

5. nkrohini profile image81
    nkrohiniposted 4 years ago

Kindly read my hub pages on :
    1) Freelance jobs,
    2) Writing Jobs,
    3) Work at home jobs,
    4) Experience with work at home scams
    5) Everything about online tutoring

I'm sure you might get an idea on the various work at home options and sites. Thanks

I will, thanks.

working