jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Do American Single Mother's Get A Bad Wrap?

1. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 4 years ago

Do American Single Mother's Get A Bad Wrap?

It seems as if  single moms feel as if they are looked down upon if their marriage does not work out. And many divorces are due to abusive dad's. This mother's day how many single moms have to celebrate motherhood by themselves? I feel that there is a blessing at the end of this lonely road. Look at Oscar winner Jared Leto, who thanked his mother who raised a family by herself. There is something to be said for the trials of a single mom because it takes a village to raise a child. (Photo by Wikipedia)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8909021_f260.jpg

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image96
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 4 years ago

Not as bad a wrap as single fathers, which I think is a damn shame quite frankly

1. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Some single father's get a bad wrap to Kathleen. I know of a couple, this is true. Not to get off topic but, are you still going to be on that Ink Show? Please let me know so I can tape it. You should try  out for Survivor too! I think you would win.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Maybe I'm getting old and out of the loop/not cool anymore, but if anything, I would think single mothers are commended, especially those that the father isn't involved in the child's life at all, they are mother and father. Maybe the Church would frown on singlemotherhood.

1. profile image0

I know the church has helped  many moms of famous athletes, not knowing that someday the young man will make it big, but that's 18 years of waiting! Most single moms are so strong in faith! It's a full time job.

4. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

Maybe but it depends on who you're asking - I think they should be commended for doing a very tough job.

1. profile image0

I agree definitions, no woman wakes up one day and says, "Hey I want to have a lot of kids and raise them by myself! That sounds like a plan!"

5. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 4 years ago

You know it’s funny because they probably would have done the same thing to Mary for carrying a child that did not belong to her husband. You live in a town full of Pharisees they think their spiritual, but really they are Hypercritics.

working