jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your biggest spending regret?

1. elayne001 profile image80
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

What is your biggest spending regret?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I bought some silver futures from some basement fly by night operation when I was very young and had no idea what I was doing.

3. profile image0
    Dave36posted 4 years ago

All the money i wasted on beer & gambling in my 20's & 30's, which was a lot of money believe me..I spent all that money rather than, & as an escape from finding my true self,& what i wanted to do with my life..The thing is though is that i don't regret it now, because i have now learn't from it..In fact i don't regret anything Iv'e done now, as i see them as all ways i learn't about my self..I just wish I'd learn't that about myself in my 20's, i could be retired now & sun bathing every day!lol

4. raymondphilippe profile image85
    raymondphilippeposted 4 years ago

Cars and taxes. I should have given the first more thought but the second is beyond my control.

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

I have to gigle + giggle. There are so many. My biggest off the top of my head was my first car. It wasn't really expensive and I afforded it easily. A '53 Ford Victoria two door with a 341 stuffed into it. I bought it from a high school friend's dad after graduating. It was to be my first hot rod.

Well it drove home okay. The next morning I went to work at the gas station I worked at. I got through town and the brakes felt weird. I turned into the back parking lot, put on the brakes, oopps! the brake pedal went to the floor. I had a choice hit the dumpster in front a a 2ft ditch or go in the ditch. I choose the dumpster and knocked it into the ditch. LOL

Anyway, I had it towed back to that friend's dad and he refunded my money - $150 in '72. Today a clean version is worth over $16,000. Hot rod versions done well over $20,000. Besides, they are cool cars smile

6. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 4 years ago

Thankfully I'm fairly young and have no big purchases to regret. I do have one smaller one though: I was at a comic con and naively purchased DVDs. I should have guessed they were bootleg, but the packaging seemed legit and the guy wanted $20 apiece instead of some too-good-to-be-true price. There went $40 since I'm a collector and have no use for bootleg.

If I'd found out what they were while still at the con I would have demanded a refund. I also might have called the police if it seemed he was knowingly selling them.

But I still hate that I fell for it.

7. Penny G profile image68
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I bought 7 internet sights for 10,000 . I found out after filing bankruptcy it was a fraudulent company.

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 3 years ago

Years ago I bought a Joe Weider Megagym and it cost almost $1000. And I had to be put together. I am usually pretty good at that stuff....I thought.  This thing had bags and bags of parts, parts missing, parts damaged. I never did get it put together and that was a serious waste of money.

9. c-m-hall profile image77
    c-m-hallposted 3 years ago

gambling
    gambling
    gambling
    gambling
    gambling

working