jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you agree with you get what you pay for?

1. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Do you agree with you get what you pay for?

2. BumblelyBee profile image78
    BumblelyBeeposted 3 years ago

you do unless your smart about it... if your in the right place at the right time you can easily pick up secondhand stuff for much less than you should be able to (maybe sell it on afterwards). Things with brands on it oftern increase price without doing much for quality. That being said sometimes when you are buying new things like technology the price is oftern in line with quality because of the cost of parts and manufacture.

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image82
    wrenchBiscuitposted 3 years ago

If you go to an Amish community, or any place where they sell goods and services, I am confident you will get a good buy for a fair price. I have never been disappointed. As far as the secular world is concerned: a roll of the dice!

4. Melissa Noon profile image79
    Melissa Noonposted 3 years ago

It depends on what you are buying? Sometimes you can spend a lot of money and get disappointed in your purchase.For some things I think that you have to spend a lot of money on like good computers, cars (although I am fine with my car that I bought for 1,600 dollars at a county auction), couches, and beds. Trust me when I say this, cheap beds are cheap for a reason.

There is a big difference between the quality in discount stores and quality in department stores. Also if you go to a discount grocery store, the quality and taste of the food is different than the more expensive stores.

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

5. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Sometimes yes and no, it depends on the item that you are buying. Also if you are good at haggling, you can buy expensive things at a much lower price. I believe in buying good quality things like laptops and mobile phones and also want them to last longer so I would be prepared to pay for what it's worth.

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

On small things cheap is usually just that all the way around. On small things these companies think even if everyone buys it once they are ahead.I mean things like dish soap, cleaners act. They also know that most won't bother complaining. I do !

working