jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Relieved when coupons expire or upset? What kind of person are you?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

Relieved when coupons expire or upset?  What kind of person are you?

I must not be alone in feeling relieved when I am able to throw out expired coupons that I've been carrying around for two months.  Please tell me I'm not alone smile   

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12562960_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Neither. I don't use a lot of processed foods, so I usually only have two or three coupons at a time, from a grocery store that sends them to me in the mail, based on what I bought at their store. I use them up pretty quickly, and purge any that are expired whenever a new set comes in.

3. profile image0
    Wearmanyhatsposted 2 years ago

I, too, use so few processed foods that coupons are often not part of my world. If I find one I use regularly, then I use it as soon as I can. But otherwise, coupons are so not a part of my life.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image86
      Billie Kelpinposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like the "so not part of my life" part.  I think I have a deep-seated psychological aversion to them. I might need therapy smile

2. profile image0
      Wearmanyhatsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Billie, that is so funny. But for me, time is money, too. I admire people who are extreme couponers, especially when they donate the proceeds to the food shelf.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image86
      Billie Kelpinposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wearmanyhats,  I envy your admiration of extreme couponers.  My dear friend Ron takes advantage of every deal on the planet.  I think I should admire him more smile

4. tamarawilhite profile image94
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

I am careful to throw out coupons I don't plan on having an immediate use for, like my next shopping trip. If I don't normally buy the item or service, I don't keep the coupon. If I would have to go out of my way to use it, usually toss it.
    Due to that, coupons rarely expire for me, but if I miss it, it is an annoyance.

working