jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Credit card seem to be needed everywhere these days, are you frustrated?

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Credit card seem to be needed everywhere these days, are you frustrated?

I don't own a credit card and I don't want a credit card, but it seem, increasingly, credit card is become a only payment option, which I find very frustrating, especially because, credit card usually also charge interest.  What happen to the good old day, where I can pay cash, everywhere?  And when purchase online, why can't I just use my bank card?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

I don't seem to know why you couldn't use your bank card.  Does it have a credit card logo on it such as Visa or Mastercard?  You should be able to use  it.  But sometimes they have a daily limit such as $500.  One time I used my bank card to make reservations for a cruise and it was about $600.  The travel agency agreed to take $400 for a payment on the first day and to do the remained the next

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Awesome you don't want or need a credit card.  But you can also try one of those prepaid one if you need one to make a reservation.  American Express offers these.

3. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 2 years ago

I have credit cards and do not pay interest. If you don't pay in full each month you will be charged interest. Only those who don't pay in full are charged interest. Many websites also accept bank/credit/gift cards too. The companies and banks behind all the cards bank/credit/gift are making a mint in fees and this is why the "good old days" of cash will likely never return.

1. profile image60
      peter565posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I miss the good old day of cash sad

4. G.L.A. profile image81
    G.L.A.posted 2 years ago

Pre-paid credit cards are the wisest choice for purchases made via internet and phone ordering services read more

working