jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Would you ever build your own "tiny house?"

1. yecall profile image70
    yecallposted 18 months ago

Would you ever build your own "tiny house?"

There is a tiny house movement afoot these days.  Are you into it?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 18 months ago

I'm too big to live in a tiny house. I'm 6-foot-6. My feet would stick out the window while laying in bed.

3. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 18 months ago

Tiny house means much less to clean and manage, so that sounds pretty good. Plus all the ones I've seen look really cute, which is a plus.

And unlike Keith, I'm only 4'11, so I think I'd fit pretty nicely in a tiny house.

1. Rangoon House profile image83
      Rangoon Houseposted 18 months agoin reply to this

A tiny house sounds ideal for you Darcie. Would you find it easy to cull your current possessions? I would really struggle with that, but the cleaning and management advantages are very attractive.

4. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 18 months ago

I wouldn't probably build one because I know almost nothing about that kind of construction.

I do want one eventually; to buy one that is. When the kids are grown & all out, probably. Be nice to have one on wheels and live on the road.

We live in a tiny apartment (850 s.f.) because it's cheaper, less wasteful and easier to care for. Hubby & I both grew up in NYC, I guess we just got used to small spaces. We tried renting a big house once with the back yard and all, it was just too much work & expense, it felt wasteful.

5. Rangoon House profile image83
    Rangoon Houseposted 18 months ago

Never! I do admire the ingenuity and clever designs though.

6. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 18 months ago

My sister and I are planning to build a tiny house for my mom. Her current house is very run down and now that all of my siblings are out of the house it's just a little too much for her.

My sister and I (as well as our husbands) have carpentry skills so we will be able to build one cheaply as well as quickly.

1. Rangoon House profile image83
      Rangoon Houseposted 18 months agoin reply to this

That sounds like a great project of love Chloe.

7. nipster profile image79
    nipsterposted 18 months ago

Maybe I would have a few years ago but now, I think I'd rather just rent a small apartment because of maintenance issues. Also I live in Alabama; storms and tornadoes come through a lot. I don't know if a house on a trailer would stand.