jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Will I get banned by adsense if my affiliate sells adult products

1. Jade89 profile image81
    Jade89posted 5 years ago

Hi!!!

I'd really like to start using affiliate networks more on my sites but would hate to get banned by google adsense.

If i use an affiliate program to sell perfumes but the store also sells adult content would I get banned by google adsense for marketing the perfumes?

Please help!!!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
      LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is a tricky question. Perfumes are OK but the others can bring up an issue with Google. Your best option is to ask staff directly: staff@hubpages.com

Jade89posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot! Will do that smile

2. georgescifo profile image50
    georgescifoposted 5 years ago

Generally, I don't think so. You would not be banned for selling adult products, but would be banned only if you try to manipulate the Adsense platform..

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Adult content can get you banned from pretty much all the major affiliate and ad programs, and paypal.

I know but the thing is I DON'T want to sell the adult products. I want to sell gifts like perfume and mugs etc but when browsing the affiliate store I noticed they sell adult stuff too. Does this mean that I need to look through every site and every catalogue of every affiliate program I plan on using or every website I reference to in the work I do??? I seriously don't wanna get banned.

3. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Since you have mentioned your own sites, rather than Hubpages, you could simply not display Adsense ads on any pages that feature the affiliate products.

Some people argue that is a better approach anyway, since the two things are competing with each other.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks a lot!
      I don'tr know if it's possible to do that though because the ads are like automatically displayed on my blog. I have a blogger account.

working