jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Moving articles...to where?

1. canadawest99 profile image61
    canadawest99posted 5 years ago

I have quite a few articles on xomba that aren't earning an thing.  Xomba was destroyed in the panda attacks and now has an alexa rating of 20,000+.  They are done. 

My question is where can I move these articles to have the best bang for the buck?  They aren't good enough for Hubpages, mostly 400-500 word blurbs.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

1. WryLilt profile image82
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well I don't know if I agree with you about Xomba. Squidoo took a serious hit a few years back, and Hubpages did last year. Both have (mostly) recovered.

And if you don't think they're "good enough" could that be an indication that maybe you shouldn't do anything with them at all? tongue

canadawest99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well I haven't had a click at xomba in a almost 1 year so I would say that the articles are dead there.  Right now I am considering putting them up at bukisa.  Its good enough for these 2nd rate articles and I get some regular clicks from my other stuff there.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also have a fair bunch of articles over at Xomba that I wrote for its backlinking power. I don't think I ever made a penny off them, but then again I'll never know for certain because I never linked up my Analytics (or never learned to read my analytics for that stuff).

I have no idea if those articles are still there or not, but even if they are why move them? They took about 5 minutes to write, so new ones will take about the same effort.

I'd leave them for their link juice, and go write new articles for new places.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
            Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Xomba is no follow so there's not much link juice to preserve. I went back to check on some of mine recently and found that most of them had been deleted for some reason, anyway.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Really? Oh well, guess most of mine are probably deleted too, I haven't bothered going over to see. They did ban me just before they did their site rule change, then allowed me back in again. Possibly when I was banned they deleted a lot of stuff.
              Then when they stopped allowing links, I just never went back.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have you considered that, with Google dominating the search game, that articles of that length and quality don't have anywhere "good" to go now?

canadawest99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, but there is too many of them and too much work there to let them sit on a dead site.  My choices are bukisa and triond so far.  Yes those sites are spammy but these articles would at least have a home and get some views and clicks I think.

1. IzzyM profile image87

If I were you, I would open a new blogger blog and put all those articles there, monetize them, optimise the site and forget about them.

Being on Google's own property gives them a fighting chance right from the start and may well pay you somewhere down the line.

2. Pearldiver profile image85
          Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Then take the time to clean your articles up! That way you can perhaps also improve their value along with their quality! - Unless they're spun! sad

2. Pearldiver profile image85
        Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh... Well Said!! big_smile

2. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

Below par articles won't make money anywhere. No matter how much work went into them.

working