5 New Ways of Looking at the World
5 New Ways to Think About Life:
- You are a slave to Technology, Shifting World Powers, and Globalization; either beat them or join them.
- You can get anywhere in 24 hours and $2000 so if you don’t like your current view, change it.
- Opps, we’re running out of fish, farm land, and fresh water. Buy commodities, hug a tree, and work on your rain dance.
- P.S the Cold war never ended. Nukes out populate sheep in some countries.
- Bigger is not better, Greed is not good, and Hand Outs don’t actually Help.
5 New Ways to Think About Education:
- Your i-phone can do your math homework, who needs a calculator?
- Want to learn Chinese? The violin? Tai Chi? Wikipedia and Youtube are free, unlike Harvard.
- By the time you get a degree your chosen profession will be outsourced and if all goes well you will pay off your student loans before retirement.
- Due to budget cuts your textbook still thinks Pluto is a planet, the USSR is going to blow up the world, and Evolution is only a theory (some in academia are now saying we came from aliens).
- Employment Studies should be a college major, as should Terrorist Tactics.
5 New Ways to Think About Your Finances:
- Your bank might go BANKrupt tomorrow,
- According to the Fed it’s easier to print a dollar than to make one
- Your kids will have to look up the words “Social Security” in the dictionary
- When banking, the only 7 digits you’ll probably ever see are zeros in front of your savings account interest rate. Like this: .00000003%
- Being Rich has nothing to do with money
5 New Ways to Look at Your Job:
It's guaranteed that someone in India can do your job twice as well for one fifth the price.
Your wage, life savings, and 401K are probably looking like an upside down parabola.
Entrepreneur, Adventurer, and Vagabond are now job titles.
Your boss most likely does NOT live in the same, city, state, or country as you.
If you’d traded a few beanie babies for Apple stock back in the 90’s you probably don’t have one.
Humor Hubs from Jennifer Arnett
- 6 Ridiculously Awesome Items You Can Buy on Amazon
Amazon has more to offer than books, cool gadgets, and home décor. Take a look at the enormous, absurd, and expensive items found on Amazon.com. You can find almost anything under the sun.
- 25 Reasons You Should Marry a Writer
Writers: Need a little humor to brighten your day? Check out why writers make the best spouses. Enjoy, my friends.
- You Know You're A Writer When...
A humorous look at the life of a writer.
Humor From Other Hubpages Authors
- Einstein Jokes - Albert Einstein Sticking Tongue, Hu...
Albert Einstein was sticking out his tongue in his Birthday. Why he did it? His sticking tongue became famous picture. Einstein has good sense of humor and many funny quotes and jokes about him.
- Top Ten Clean Comics for National Humor Month
April is National Humor Month. In honor of such a fabulous observance, I would like to share with you a list of my all-time favorite family-friendly stand-up comedians, including how I know about them and where you can learn more about each. Some...
- Top 100 Best Bumper Stickers - Humor - Insults - Pol...
Best Bumper Stickers. Actually, there are more than 100. Humor, Insults, Jokes, Political, Religious, Philosophy, More.
- Ham Around With These Ham Jokes, Pictures & Humor!
Come on in and ham around with me! Check out some of the ham humour I've turned up!