- Politics and Social Issues»
- Social Issues
Intelligence, Relevance, and Logic are all missing in politics and Religion
Who are The Angry Americans
- Rick Santorum Claims About Euthanasia In The Netherlands Are Way Off Base: Fact Check
The Following post first appeared on FactCheck.org.
- Background about Euthanasia in The Netherlands | Patients Rights Council
The Angry Americans
We are a country possessed by, and obsessed with:
- political liars
- religious interferences in Government.
- corrupt politicians.
- and where greed is good and back stabbing is the norm.
Without any intelligence, logic, or relevance
There is NO logic, or relevance in touting one's religious beliefs in a political debate..
The 'logical' conclusion for doing so is to gain the support of the self-righteous, brainwashed zealots of the vast numbers of religious cults in this country.
Although people are assured their freedom of religion in this country, it has no "relevance" in politics, law, basic rights, or freedom of choice.
Battling over "same sex marriage" in a broken jobless economy has no logical relevance or intellectual consideration; except for the sole purpose of the manipulation of the religious, and small narrow minded, cult members.
Backing corporate America in lieu of the American people has no logic, or relevance, and is certainly defiantly degenerative in a country that was founded on "democracy".
Embracing greed as a goal for anyone to strive for is as illogical, reprehensible and as useless as most organized religions themselves are, or have become.
Destroying women's rights and attempting to portray women as insignificant is one of the lowest depths that any political party has embraced as their strategy. It is not only illogical, or irrelevant, it is insanity.
Rick Santorum's recent attacks on Holland is also one of the most dangerous, illogical, critical displays of irrelevance; and just plain gross stupidity.
The "threats" (or 'campaign promises' as they are currently being referred to) by the GOP candidates to incorporate religion into our governmental process is highly irresponsible, illogical, without and relevance, without any rational merit and extremely dangerous to our basic rights and freedoms in this country.
- Social Injustices: The Absolving of human Absurdities by Abstention
Trying to understand the mentality of how society is influenced by ignorance on a daily basis. And the majority of us simply do nothing to stop it.
- Irrational Discrimination vs Logical Discernment in Relation to Religious and Secular laws
Knowing what crime against humanity is, and what is perceived a crime against religious establishments, are two different concepts. We tend to confuse the two when it comes to making new laws.
America's most lacking attributes
What is lacking most in this country:
- a. the ability to learn and understand, or to deal with, new or trying situations.
- b. the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment, or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria.
- A science that deals with the principles and criteria of validity of inference and demonstration: the science or ability of using the rudimentary principles of reasoning.
- A relationship to the matter at hand.
- Practical and social applicability.
- The ability (as of an information retrieval system) to retrieve material that logically satisfies the needs of the user.
- The Art of Manipulation. A Philosophy and Religious study.
Is your family, church, religion, or political group the true path for you? We are all victims of some kind of mind control at various times.
America's most abundant attribute
The one thing that is found in vast abundance in America:
- To use, or play upon, by artful, unfair, or insidious means - especially to one's own advantage.
Without logic or vision
- Are Personal Beliefs based on facts, illusions or delusions? A religious and political dilemma
Personal beliefs can be based on many things, but often not the truth. We are all guilty of false beliefs, in one way or another.
Personal opinions are not pertinent
Personal opinions that are based on religious beliefs, or ignorance, have no relevance in governmental decisions, or the law.
This is not a 'blanket' statement - this is where logical discernment comes into play.
One would not be expected to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater, just because of the 'freedom of speech' that we all hold so near and dear.
Neither would we expect special considerations for those who commit murder, rape, grand theft (exception being wall street activities, bank activities and politicians who are all exempt from our laws), because they are minorities in this country and represent no moral issues.
However 'logical discernment' does not include the blatant attempts to censor the Internet for "moral" reasons, or for "profit" by those who are desperately trying to pass laws to do so.
Neither does banning same sex marriages based on irrational discrimination by those religious fanatics that try to push their staid beliefs onto others as if those beliefs have any relevance at all to most people with a working, functioning intellect.
This irrelevant crap does not belong in politics and neither do candidates who run their platforms on these irrational, irrelevant, illogical and senselessly ignorant ideologues.
by: d.william 02/26/2012