SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE
Fellow Hubbers, and other readers why is it that I’m not surprised (as the title would suggest) that President Barrack Obama would back the Mosque at ground zero in New York City. The headlines of the article hit me smack in the face this morning, Saturday August 14, 2010 on Yahoo. He made this announcement Friday evening at a Ramadan opening celebration (funny thing I don’t remember other presidents even attending these events, but I could be wrong). One thing I’m sure of is no other president bowed, and kissed the ring of the Saudi King during his apology tour of the entire Muslim world.
Link to the article is below.
FEARS AND HOPES
During the election season in 2008 I had fears that candidate Obama was a Socialist (if not a Communist) radical. I had my doubts about the legitimacy of his citizenship along with his proclamation that he was a Christian. The words that he heard in Rev. Wright’s Church seemed very radical and un-Christian to me, and we still haven’t seen an actual birth certificate (a certificate of live birth is not the same). Where are the college transcripts? What is Obama hiding? These are some of my fears back during the election.
I also had some hopes during the election season of 2008. I hoped that if elected as president that Barrack Obama would step up to the plate and lead the country as a good American. Metaphorically he was in the shoes of men like Jackie Robinson breaking the baseball color barrier. Jackie was a stellar performer once given the chance. I had also hoped as a young man growing up in the 1960’s that all this crap about race could be put behind this great country, and who better to fulfill this hope than our first black president who offered, “Hope and Change” in a “Post Racial” society.
COLD HARD REALITY
In the light of cold hard reality I must state that my hopes for Obama have been dashed. Referring back to the Jackie Robinson metaphor, Jackie played the game skillfully and with great determination, but he also played by the rules, as they existed. When Jackie stole home during the World Series he stole it from third base not first base. In other words Jackie played by existing rules and excelled, and he didn’t try to change all the rules of baseball. I wish that I could state the same about President Obama, but I can’t he seems to make up new rules as he goes along. I will state some examples below:
- No other American president in history has bowed and scraped before foreign leaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The only other American president in history who has pressed to pass so many Constitutionally questionable laws is Franklin D. Roosevelt. Changing the rules is second nature to Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I’m so sick of “The Blame Game” I want to barf. Bush has been out of office for 18 months now and all of Obama’s major legislation has been rammed through congress. Where are the jobs he promised? I have heard it said that regarding age 60 is the new 40 is it also true as far as unemployment rates go under Obama 9.5% is the new 5.5%?
- Mr. President I plead with you enforce the rules, as they exist. Quit trying to steal home plate from first base. Stop the bleeding on the southern border. Seal the border first and then talk to us about immigration reform. We made that mistake during Reagan’s presidency, and were not buying it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I know you are an apostate of Saul Alinski but please tone down your radical behavior. The USA is in danger of being lost for all future generations!!!!!!!!
- Last but not least please speak to us eye to eye and stop being so arrogant and superior when your performance on the job hasn’t earned it even a little bit!!!!!!!!!
- I stopped here because I think these examples are sufficient although there are many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am an eternal optimist, and I can only hope that President Obama will see the light, and change his way of governing for the sake of the greatest nation ever to exist on the face of the Earth, The United States of America. I want my grandchildren to grow up in freedom and liberty as I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having stated the above I have my doubts that Obama can make the necessary transition to traditional American president!!!!!!!! Folks our way of life is at stake and we must take the bull by the horns in November of 2010, and elect representatives with true American Values!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sake of all future generations is at stake!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAVE AMERICA NOW THERE’S NO TIME TO WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!