WHY WAS D-DAY FORGOTTEN
My fellow hubbers yesterday was the 66th anniversary of the largest amphibious landing in the history of the world and I saw no official mention of this momentous event by the President of the United States of America. It wasn’t on the White House web site and there were no official presidential ceremonies to commemorate this achievement for the freedom of the world.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower also a future President Of the United States of America commanded this effort.
General Eisenhower was the epitome of leadership in both the war effort and his time as President. He had prepared two different speeches to deliver based on the possible success or the possible failure of the D-Day invasion. In the speech based on possible failure he took personal responsibility for the failure upon his own shoulders he didn’t try to play the “Blame Game” that is all too common in the current administration. Maybe that’s the reason President Obama ignored D-Day the character of Eisenhower dwarfs his. Eisenhower knew true leadership he never looked for a fall guy. He took the bull by the horns and got the job done. This is a quality that’s sorely lacking today. These pathetic excuses of the current administration are pointed out below
EXAMPLES OF THE BLAME GAME
- I inherited this mess from Bush.
- The Republicans in congress are obstructionists.
- Greedy Wall Street bankers caused all these problems.
- BP caused this mess in the Gulf but I take responsibility. It happened on my watch. I will clean it up. (Were still waiting Mr. President where's your plan lawyers won't fix it)
- The insurance industry along with big pharma is the reason Americans don’t already have health care. Evil doctors are yanking out children’s tonsils and cutting off the legs of diabetics just for profit.
While there may be a grain of truth in some of these excuses I call on the President to step up to the plate and be a man. Get the job done or just resign!!! It’s not like you didn’t know the circumstances when you were running for the office!!!!
Compared to the true leadership qualities of Eisenhower the pathetic crying and whimpering of the “Blame Game” are a poor excuse for leadership and all Americans deserve much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eisenhower was ready, willing and able to accept the blame for possible failure of the D-Day invasion and Mr. President we expect no less leadership from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!